Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Girls (+ Pighead) Silly Quotes Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

goslie wrote: »
    so you stated that you knew that every month wasn't limited to just having 28 days which is actually a correct term.
    Since we are all getting into semantics and pedantics, I fixed that for you :D
    As Pighead said, Let's never fight again. Internet buddies forever! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Since we are all getting into semantics and pedantics, I fixed that for you :D

thanks I had just spotted that myself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

goslie wrote: »
    oh, thats ok :D.......and as pointed out, you were right anyway!

yeah i know stil confuses me tho!! but hay like i said ive learnt something new today! even if i did come out looking like a right plonker!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

emo!! wrote: »
    yeah i know stil confuses me tho!! but hay like i said ive learnt something new today! even if i did come out looking like a right plonker!:o

FTW its to do with the earths rotation of the sun( although I doubt this really happens)
    which takes 365 and 1/4 days so ever four years they offset that loss of one day to keep the calander nicely organised

but obviously this is wrong because we all know the sun orbits Ireland stupid astronomers

Rob_l wrote: »
    FTW its to do with the earths rotation of the sun( although I doubt this really happens)
    which takes 365 and 1/4 days so ever four years they offset that loss of one day to keep the calander nicely organised

oh i see, ive learnt to much today, may just save this one till tomorrow thanks!!

oh i see, ive learnt to much today, may just save this one till tomorrow thanks!!

No learn it now :eek: or you will never understand tomorrows lesson:D

No learn it now :eek: or you will never understand tomorrows lesson:D

yes sir!! why what tomorrows lesson?

yes sir!! why what tomorrows lesson?

Dont tell me you didn't read my lesson plan:eek:

Dont tell me you didn't read my lesson plan:eek:

no i didnt sorry!! i spilt some tea i use it to wipe that up:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

stopped at pedestrian lights, the beeping sounds, girlfriend asks me " is that for the deaf people" ?............ I just had to marry her !!

the most stupid thing a female of the species has said to rob
    is
    "you seem nice"

the most stupid thing a female of the species has said to rob
    is
    "you seem nice"

pfffft.. how stupid of her!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

this is wrong. it's not every four years, it's every 97 years in 400. years that can be divided by 100 but not by 400 are not actually leap years.

and then you also have leap seconds... but that's where i lose interest.

this is wrong. it's not every four years, it's every 97 years in 400. years that can be divided by 100 but not by 400 are not actually leap years.

and then you also have leap seconds... but that's where i lose interest.

IT doesn't matter lenins been jammin because its all lies everyone knows the centre of the known multiverse is Dublin and the earth orbits ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

I know a girl who was reading through the jobs section in the local paper (covers the Longford area) and she came upon an ad:
    'Looking for a person to do some light house work'.
    She stared at this ad and pondered a while before proclaiming " I didn't know there were any light-houses in Longford!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was going out with a blonde girl before and her best mate was going out with my flatmate. We were all sitting in his room in which he had a poster (imsure youve all seen its like) of Blonde jokes and my girlfriends best friend was picking some of the more funny ones out and reading them. She read out one of the oldies most people know " how do you make a blonde laugh on monday? A: tell her a joke on friday!" and there were a few chuckles however not a sound from the blonde girl i was dating at the time. was she offended? NO, twenty seconds later she broke the silence in the room saying "i dont get it".

and that anecdote is now my favourite blonde girl joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

While putting on a piece of vinyl I turned to my boyfriend and said 'Wouldn't it be cool if they made these with a laser instead of a needle?'. Thankfully I copped my stupid statement before he had a chance to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Said to my gf (now wife) that I was thinking of going for a leg of fish in the chipper, but went for the chicken instead.

Six hours later in bed she wakes me up to tell me she got it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

jsb wrote: »

However as you had already resigned to the fact that you may be stupid it is to late to try and resurrection some dignity from it.
    `

The verb is to resurrect my learned son, perhaps it is too late for you.....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Started talking to an American guy in a pub while watching one of the million Cyprus-Ireland qualifiers.

"Who's playing? Is it important?"
    - Yes, it's a World cup qualifier, it's Ireland against Cyprus
    "What's that?"
    - It ... umm... It's for the soccer world cup next year? all the teams play matches to see who goes to --
    "No, no, I mean Cyprus, what's Cyprus?"
    - Umm ...it's ... a country
    "Really? Never heard of it"

Mind you a mates gf once interrupted a story he was telling to ask "Ohio? What's Ohio? Is it a state?" so works both ways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

an American girl (from california) once asked me what cities where in the state of Chicago? i actually felt bad pointing out her stupidity as i (a foreigner) told her Chicago was a City, america's 3rd biggest and was in Illinois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We were watching Portsmouth vs Arsenal (Por vs Asl on the screen) and someone asked who was playing. My sister's response?

Portugal vs Arselona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Mate from Kerry was chattin to a girl the other day and asked her to guess where he was from, she hadn't a clue so I said ah they all sound the same outside the pale,

then she said whats a pale?

Thats primary school history! And she lives there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I thought that Temple Bar was just one pub. Anytime I heard on the Den growing up that loads of these bands were playing there, I always thought that it must've been a very popular place. They always referred to it as "in the Temple Bar", so I never knew it was an actual area.
    Me too :p
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Shamrogue wrote: »
    Im one of the 10. :D

Whoop me too, also understand Hexadecimal.

I sound like a Geek! :(
    ianwalsh2 wrote: »
    I know a girl who was reading through the jobs section in the local paper (covers the Longford area) and she came upon an ad:
    'Looking for a person to do some light house work'.
    She stared at this ad and pondered a while before proclaiming " I didn't know there were any light-houses in Longford!"
    I loled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

ha ha jeez I remember a girl on this once thought there was such a thing as something "containing more cold". God the idiocy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

eamoss wrote: »

Whoop me too, also understand Hexadecimal.

I sound like a Geek! :(

How geeky is this: me and the better half always put our birthdays in Hex on our birthday cards to each other. I am 30 next birthday. She'll be 32. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Slow coach wrote: »
    How geeky is this: me and the better half always put our birthdays in Hex on our birthday cards to each other. I am 30 next birthday. She'll be 32. :cool:

So you're 48, she's 50?

From the best thread ever (elsewhere):

"But lava moves like a liquid... in fact it flows which is one of the prpoerties of a liquid so it must have water??? "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I walked into work one day and a guy had convinced my brothers ex that they kill left handed people in China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    I walked into work one day and a guy had convinced my brothers ex that they kill left handed people in China
    Up until about 50 years ago, left handed people were given the cane in school until they learned how to write with their right hand.
    The left hand was known as "The devil's hand".

Damn oppressors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

astrofool wrote: »
    So you're 48, she's 50?

So you're a geek, too? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A blonde friend of mine once asked me: Do you think if we looked would we find it?

No idea what she had lost, but sure as hell there ws no way of finding it would looking.

She aslo came out of her bedroom one morning when we were all away and asked the group 'Do you think today will be the day?'

Silly Flossy, where is she now I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Terry wrote: »
    Up until about 50 years ago, left handed people were given the cane in school until they learned how to write with their right hand.
    The left hand was known as "The devil's hand".

Damn oppressors.

That's how my lefthanded uncle writes with his right hand.

For all the "stupid" women out there who can't tell their left from their right (yup, I'm one of them), when looking at the back of your hands, while they're straightened out flat, the hand on which the thumb makes the lower limb of a capital L shape is the left, the one with the backwards L is the right. Simple!

I can't remember any funny anecdotes about hilariously stupid women moments, apart from the incident with a word game where a friend spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what "super bly" was. (IQ of over 130, reading English in uni. Oh how we laughed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

so was with this girl and said maybe we should go to amsterdam or mayeb barcelona in febuary or new year..she turns round and asks 'can you wear a bikini?'

another one was 'whats pat shortt's real name?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ok lets clear this up for the both of you. There is 28 days in Feburary except for a leap year when there is 29. A leap year occurs every four years, 2004,2008,2012,2016,2020 etc etc. Now that concludes todays Junior Infants lesson, your homework will be sent by PM.

Well, now. If you had bothered to read your own link you would know that a leap year does not occur every four years. More research needed methinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

i thought it did??...when does it occur like how often, lol this is a funny thread cos i am extremely prone to saying those stupid comments, been called a malteser and thick as a 2 by 4 before lol, even though i think i'm kind of book smart you know

Advertisement