Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster v Leinster 7.30 Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

probably not if you know the score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

zabbo wrote: »
    probably not if you know the score.

Im banging my head of the key board that i had to watch the Ulster match which was PURE 100 % caic if i ever saw it only for the commentator at the end to blurt out this results out of nowhere, i had been muting him ever time he mentioned Cork arrrgghhh =(

Then i found out that the Leicester Sale match was a try fest agggghhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Stev_o wrote: »
    So lads is worth the watch or not?

lot of errors - not too many highlights apart from Horgan's try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

How serious is BOD's injury anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Stev_o wrote: »
    ... if i ever saw it only for the commentator at the end to blurt out this results out of nowhere, i had been muting him ever time he mentioned Cork arrrgghhh =(
    My mother just rang me effing and blinding about that.

What an idiot! he's just totally ****ed up the evening for a lot of people and much fewer people will watch the game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Good raw game of rugby, I thought Leinster out-munstered Munster.

Good win :)

Yeh, that about sums it up for me. Leinster battled hard for this win, and showed a lot of backbone. They just about deserved it in the end. Horgan showed great power and strength for the winner.

It was an error ridden game, handling was terrible by both teams even allowing for the poxy conditions. Leinster should take good heart from this going into the Heineken games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Horgan showed great power and strength for the winner
    Keith Gleeson deserves plaudits for that try also. His quick decision to go for the drive gave that shove a lot of momentum.

Horgan, Le Roux, Leamy and O'Callaghan have got to stop the mouthing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭peejy

where has O'Callaghans form gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

peejy wrote: »
    where has O'Callaghans form gone?

It has a back injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

anyone else really enjoy that last night? Was in a Dublin pub full of mute Munster fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

One of those special moments in life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

uberwolf wrote: »
    anyone else really enjoy that last night? Was in a Dublin pub full of mute Munster fans.

Was standing in South Terrace in 2 inches of water being p!ssed on all night, but it was all worth it :D

Just reading through some of the comments in the build up here highlights how many "rugby fans" there are out there that know very little about the game. Things like "Jackman is suspect" when he has been outstanding every week and is best 2 in Ireland at the moment, I like JF as a player and a man but Jackman is way a head of him on current form. If you are gonna make comments about players back them up with facts or examples, don't base them on out of date stereotypes and parochial minded rivalries!

Great performances by Leinster pack and Rob/Luke/Darce, Sexton did very well when he came on and looked very calm and assured. Feel sorry for Willis, he's a good player but is still very young to be thrown in to such a big game and in such conditions, Keane really steadied things when he came on.

Looks like Munster have found the new bull in T Buckley, he was warming up just in front of us and he frighted me just looking at that frame! Hope ye give him a few more outings in coming months as he could be very useful for 6 nations.

The thing I'd say about Willis, is that he's coming back from a nasty injury last year, and has effectively only played a handful of games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Can Buckley play both sides of the scrum?

Also, What's Ryans best position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think this match sums up why exactly Leinster are such a frustrating team to follow. You never know who will turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

jackbhoy wrote: »

...Just reading through some of the comments in the build up here highlights how many "rugby fans" there are out there that know very little about the game. Things like "Jackman is suspect" when he has been outstanding every week and is best 2 in Ireland at the moment, I like JF as a player and a man but Jackman is way a head of him on current form. If you are gonna make comments about players back them up with facts or examples, don't base them on out of date stereotypes and parochial minded rivalries!

Jackman was great on Friday night and nailed the lineout in terrible conditions but generally he is suspect when throwing the ball in. He is brilliant around the pitch, but winning your set pieces is so important.

I remember in the Toulouse game, on a couple of occassions, O'Driscoll and Dempsey doing their best to try and stop the ball going in to touch (inside the Toulouse half) from a toulouse kick. Guess they had great confidence in their lineout, strangely enough on two occassions they failed to stop the balling going in to touch and Leinster ended up losing the lineouts...

Frankie Sheahan was probably a marginaly better player around the pitch than Shane Byrne 5 years ago, but the main reason that Byrne was selected ahead of Sheahan was his accuracy in the lineout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

What's Ryans best position?
    At six foot seven, he is originally a second row. He's played eight a fair bit at club level, and i think that's his preferred position now. I thought he looked a bit lost at wing forward this weekend.

Still, he's got a good head on him, he should do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Pains me to say it but well done Leinster , good win, Munster have alot of work to do this season to blend all their components.

Advertisement