Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft and Bungie sued over Halo 3

Options
  • 30-11-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Link

"A California resident by the name of Randy Nunez has brought a class action suit against Microsoft and Bungie alleging that Halo 3 consistently causes consoles to “crash, freeze or lock up” and that it is not fit for its purpose of being played on the 360. " The class action lawsuit seeks over $5 million in damages.

Seems a bit OTT at first, but from some of the comments it seems some people's consoles have been bricked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*yawn*

Gets brushed under the carpet I'd say. if it was even a majority of console, *maybe*, but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

these class cases are very interesting, but most money goes to the solicitors, actual "victims" will get possibly €50

but it will not be won. Easily countered, microsoft will just send someone out to everyones house effected look at their console and say " not in a ventilated area" or some **** to prove consumer fault

then occur all money lost in this process from the other side, making the initial "suer" bankrupt

thats what i would do :p

i hope that style of case never reaches ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They should've been sued for the bloody collector's edition fiasco.
    I sent my scratched copy off over 4 weeks ago and still haven't received a replacement. the least they could have done is improved on the 4-6 week lead time for game replacements if the discs were Halo 3 ones.
    I'll be giving them a call next week if I haven't received it by then, tis bang out of order!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

it is very poor in all honesty that such a large batch are ****ed, like jesus thats poor.

I bought original so im ok, never buy limited editions, not interested in the video stuff you see on gamertv and xleaguetv anyway

but if you could wear the helmet...hmm tempted, and if it had a wireless headset in it..hmm might have bought it for the ultimate nerdy experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Haha, I'm not sad enough to buy the legendary edition thankfully, even if the helmet did look pretty cool.
    I just spotted the collector's edition for a couple of quid more than the standard one and thought "why not"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I got the LE and the disks were fine :confused:

Disk holder kept them in nice and tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Halo 3 isn't bricking consoles, it just crashed on systems already on the way out.
    Same thing happened to me with The Darkness, and to others with numerous other graphic intensive games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DamoBrad

i kinda have the same problem wit Assassins Creed, Halo3, FEAR, Oblivion and Carbon.. i always guessed it was from overheatin so i took the case off to keep it cool, but still happens now and again...

can we all sue them?

Advertisement