Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

led zeppelin- mothership vs the song remains the same

• 30-11-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

wanted to buy a present for somebody of one of these dvds+ cds, which is the best in anyones opinion??
    was thinking of mothership but not sure now since ive seen the song remains the same one out as well!! help??!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The Song Remains the Same is old, and really not that great. The holy grail for any Zep fan is this;

assuming you can get it for a reasonable price and he/she doesn't already have iit. Mothership looks like a very good collection, it's new and remastered, and would be great for someone who likes them but doesn't have a lot of their music. Most dedicated fans will probably already have most of what's on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

are you mad man?? Song remains the same is excellent, all those cheesy bits with robert plant in the castle, or john bonham in the drag racer, ****ing classic!!
    and the gig itself is off the chain like a loose dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

hmmm!!! i am more confused now!!:( anymore opnions out there??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

The Song Remains The Same has been re-mastered too.
    The original suffered greatly from poor editing & post-production, Jimmy Page is quoted as saying the re-master " now gives fans the true Zeppelin live experience"

The other DVD is great in it's own way too, loads of old gigs, including the legendary Knebworth (of which I was lucky enough to see both nights). This DVD is available at a great price now, much less than when it was originally released.

TSRTS is best for someone with a limited Zep collection, the other one is great for the afficianado. In my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Try posting in Rock & Metal but the 2003 dvd is the mother lode

• Advertisement

The original SRTS is great, even the super cheesy fantasy clips which were introduced to compensate for problems they had with syncing the audio and visual tapes. The new version has taken care of those issues and added a couple of extra tracks, Over the hills and far away is one.

Mothership is just another LZ compilation, apparently the dvd is crap bits from the 2003 3dvd release.

So if the recipient is already a fan I reckon the new song remains.. is not Mothership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

thats great thanks everybody. think i will go with srts!!:D

cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

MoominPapa wrote: »
    The original SRTS is great, even the super cheesy fantasy clips which were introduced to compensate for problems they had with syncing the audio and visual tapes. The new version has taken care of those issues and added a couple of extra tracks, Over the hills and far away is one.

Mothership is just another LZ compilation, apparently the dvd is crap bits from the 2003 3dvd release.

So if the recipient is already a fan I reckon the new song remains.. is not Mothership

So the cheesy bits are gone? What about the cheapo kaleidascopic mirror effects? shame

I'd buy the SRTS as well, just to see the clip of the T-shirt/poster hawker getting a dressing down from Mr Grant

damonjewel wrote: »
    So the cheesy bits are gone?
    Rest assured the cheese abides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

So lets not cheat on the cheese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnrch6NQ1Ug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd get them both if possible

Advertisement