Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Noob here - Two Questions:

• 30-11-2007 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is my first post on boards.ie and I've two questions. I would really appreciate some help here:

1) Anyone know where in Dublin I could buy an album by a band called Hurt? They had a video on Scuzz for a while called "Rapture". They're sort of Tool sounding. I've tried the usual haunts (HMV, Tower etc.) and can't find the album there? Just wondering if there is anywhere I can go before I resort to the interweb? The album is called "Vol I" and I believe they now have a "Vol II" released in America.

2) There's supposed to be a new Thin Lizzy DVD called "Live and Dangerous" being released. It is the classic line up of Lynott, Gorham, Downey and Robertson. I heard ages ago that it was being released and it's yet to appear in any of the music shops I've looked into?

Appreciate the help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

1) Have you tried Sound Cellar?

2) Just checked on play.com and there's 2 DVDs, "Live and Dangerous" and "Live and Dangerous at the Rainbow" both of which are in stock, so which ever is the one you're looking for, it has indeed been released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Thanks. I never thought of Sound Cellar. I'm from Dublin orginally but now live in Portlaoise and don't get a chance to get up to Dublin that much. Next time I'm there, I'll have a look.

As for the Thin Lizzy, I'd have thought a major DVD release by them would be in every shop in the country, given their enduring popularity.

Thanks for the help again!

As for the Thin Lizzy, I'd have thought a major DVD release by them would be in every shop in the country, given their enduring popularity.

A commentary on the sad state of Irish music stores, or a statement about our populance at large's musical interests and buying habits?

Oh, and welcome to boards by the way, hope you enjoy it.

Well, there a quite a few music stores near where I live. They have quite a few of the unofficial DVD's, not just Thin Lizzy, but a range of bands.

It's odd that they wouldn't have the official one.

Thanks for the welcome though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hi all,

This is my first post on boards.ie and I've two questions. I would really appreciate some help here:

1) Anyone know where in Dublin I could buy an album by a band called Hurt? They had a video on Scuzz for a while called "Rapture". They're sort of Tool sounding. I've tried the usual haunts (HMV, Tower etc.) and can't find the album there? Just wondering if there is anywhere I can go before I resort to the interweb? The album is called "Vol I" and I believe they now have a "Vol II" released in America.

2) There's supposed to be a new Thin Lizzy DVD called "Live and Dangerous" being released. It is the classic line up of Lynott, Gorham, Downey and Robertson. I heard ages ago that it was being released and it's yet to appear in any of the music shops I've looked into?

They have two albums out now. Rapture is on Vol.1 and the second album is Vol.2

I got Vol.2 in HMV in Limerick, and got Vol.1 online at Amazon.co.uk

HMV should be able to order both for you now though, as originally Vol.1 was only available as an import.

The cat number for Vol.1 for HMV to check and order is 3699502 and the label is Capitol.

Vol. 2 cat number is CAP946562PMI and again is on Capitol

• Advertisement

Great. I've only heard "Rapture" but I'm usually willing to buy an album based on 1 good song. That way if the rest of the album is brilliant, it becomes a "find" and it's much more pleasing. If the rest of the album is rubbish, oh well, waste of money.
    I bought the Cold War Kids album on this basis and I really like it. I've bought other albums which have never seen the light of day again.

I've heard comparisons between Hurt and Pink Floyd? True?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Live And Dangerous dvd is available in all the majot record stores in Dublin.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The new dvd is in most music shops that I've been in recently. There's an old one with the same name 'Live And Dangerous' but its just a bunch of reviews or some rubbish like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

wel both albums are teh sex. Great listenes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

I've bought that dvd already, i got it HMV, Henry Street!!!! yhey had loads in stock!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just to add,I`ve ordered it online for 21 euro. I think its around 30 instore in most places. I ordered it from play.com

adox wrote: »
    Just to add,I`ve ordered it online for 21 euro. I think its around 30 instore in most places. I ordered it from play.com

Well, online stores will generally have better prices than real life stores. I generally order from play.com myself, it's a good retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

2) Just checked on play.com and there's 2 DVDs, "Live and Dangerous" and "Live and Dangerous at the Rainbow" both of which are in stock, so which ever is the one you're looking for, it has indeed been released.

isnt he talking about the RE-recording of live and dangerous with gary moore doing vocals ?? its out sometime next year.... as far as i know , there recording some on the 17th in the Olimpia

if not... every shop stocks the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

1) Have you tried Sound Cellar?

Tried ringing Sound Cellar... but their listed number doesn't seem to work... anyone got a number for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Ahh I remember this place. I went in looking for Bauhaus albums and they had none.

Morrigan:

Not sure what extensions to add to that, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Ah, how about this?

http://thumped.com/directory/music-promotion/record-shops/the-sound-cellar.html

I'm guessing this is the number you've tried, but maybe the name might help?

Advertisement