Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions about a Jaguar 2.5 V6 X - Type

Options
  • 30-11-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello There,

I have recently imported a 2003 X type but it does not appear to have an owners maual with it. Could anybody tell me what the following switches do

the switch with the S on it beside the auto gear lever

the Tilt switch on the end of the indicator lever on the left hand side

how to set the correct time on the clock as I have tried all the obvious options.

PS could anybody also recommend where to get a set of Jaguar floor mats cheaper than 133 euros at Bolands of Wexford

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Congrats on the car, very nice engine choice! :)

"S" is for sport mode on the gear box - It will hold gears for longer (rev higher) and give you optimum acelleration.

The titlt button - im not sure , have you tried pressing it? - I would imagine it tilts the sunroof - press it and see what happens.

As for reasonably priced Tailored car mats, take your pic ....

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=x+type+mats

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Download the owner's manual here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

C_Breeze wrote: »
    As for reasonably priced Tailored car mats, take your pic ....

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=x+type+mats

;)

Can i just say. cheers. Got car mats for my accord for £29 delivered. Alot cheaper then the €75 i was told by a car place in dublin.

Nice choice of car mate, drove one and i didnt want to get out of it. love that V6

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

I think I have the floor mats and the S button sorted but still have the following problems.

Any ideas on the tilt switch or how to set the time on the clock after trying all the obvious options ?

Do I have to register and pay for the car manual as one person suggested ?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Chevy RV wrote: »

No you only have to register with rapidshare. This is free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Chevy RV wrote: »
    I think I have the floor mats and the S button sorted but still have the following problems.

Any ideas on the tilt switch or how to set the time on the clock after trying all the obvious options ?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Chevy RV

At a guess i'd say its for the Trip Computer to show MPG, Trip Mileage and stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

I'm about 90% sure that this controls the tilt of the head lamps.
    Usually if you have a very heavy load in the boot, the lamps will dip a bit due the weight of the car. So you use the "Tilt" button to adjust the dip.

This is usually what it does on most cars so I assume it's the same on the Jag. Maybe get a mate to watch the lights when you press it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ill download the manual and stick it up in a min for ya

Edit: That link is actually some Technical CD, and it keeps crashing my pc. Sorry no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

unkel wrote: »
    No you only have to register with rapidshare. This is free

Why will it not work for the download ? I have registered there but why do you need to upload your files in order to receive a download ?:confused:

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Advertisement
Advertisement