Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with adding audio track

• 30-11-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I'm using Windows Movie Maker to do a simple slideshow but I'm having difficulty importing an audio track to go with the slideshow. Every time I try to import a track I get this message

"The file D:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\My Music\Sibelius\Violin Concerto\04 SVENDSEN- Romance, Op. 26.wma is protected using digital rights management and cannot be imported"

How do I get music I can use as a soundtrack ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

That track just has copy protection on it. Either you bought it online, or when you ripped the CD onto your PC you added copy protection. The option pops up the first time you try and rip the CD.

So did you use Windows Media Player to rip the song from a CD? If so go to Tools, Rip Music and untick the copy protection box and then rerip the CD. You should have no problem importing to movie maker then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Thanks so much, the CDs I had ripped were copyrighted so I unclicked the box as you said and ripped them again.

Not sure how to do it for tracks I download directly off MP3 rocket player? Guess I will have to burn them onto a CD and rip them back onto the media player with the copyright box unticked.

Advertisement