Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Should Retire Ric Flair?

• 30-11-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Ric Flair is eventually going to retire. You know it. I know it.

The question is though ... who do you think should beat Ric Flair into retirement?

Should it be a legend such as Sting or Hulk Hogan? (I'd personally love to see Sting v Flair at Mania, not very likely)

Should it be Triple H or the Undertaker (guys still at the top, dependable wwe guys for most of their careers).

Or Randy Orton, John Cena ...someone from the new crop of main eventers.

Or who else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I like the idea of Sting vrs Flair for the last time, Aint gonna happen, I reakon it should be Triple H when he turns heel or Edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No one. He should go out with a win.

99 times out a 100 I'm against guys going out with a win. Flair is the exception for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

99 times out a 100 I'm against guys going out with a win. Flair is the exception for me.

I agree. And if they make as big a deal out of Flair's last run and retirement as they should, then I don't think a loss to Flair would hurt anyone too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have him win the title at one of the big four PPVs, defend it once and retire as champion by cutting a promo at the start of the next night on Raw.

Then have Vince present him with HIS belt with Flair engraved on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Have him win the title at one of the big four PPVs, defend it once and retire as champion by cutting a promo at the start of the next night on Raw.

Then have Vince present him with HIS belt with Flair engraved on it.

Nice thought but utterly ridiculous that a 80 year old man could retire as champion. Im a big Flair fan (and tbh his autobiography was a great read) but no way should he get the belt.

i think he should do a program with HHH and maybe throw Arn Anderson into the mix in some non wrestling role as he and RF are so close, would be a nice touch. Maybe a new 4 horsemen stable with Arn ( or even flair after he actively finishes wrestling as he has signed a 3 year deal) as a Paul E Dangerously type of manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Orton at Wrestlemania, cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase right after Flair beats Batista for the WHC. I think Raw this week was a subtle hint at the possibility of this happening and it would be awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

While I predict that it'll be Orton (a prediction I hope doesnt come true since I dont want to see Orton Flair for the title after paying for my WM tickets!), I would think HHH would like to have the honor of being the guy that retires him. And what HHH wants...:D

Double C wrote: »
    Orton at Wrestlemania, cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase right after Flair beats Batista for the WHC.

God, that would be the biggest downer you could have on the biggest show of the year. I see the logic. I just don't think it would be the thing to do.

Fozzy wrote: »
    I agree. And if they make as big a deal out of Flair's last run and retirement as they should, then I don't think a loss to Flair would hurt anyone too much

It's how they book him that's important. If they keep giving him lucky victories like they did on Monday, it won't work. He has to win decisively at times too.

If Flair does not win the rumble does that count as a match lost? Flair to win rr and headline WM against a heel Triple H, Flair will lose, but with dignity and announce his retirement, confetti will fall music will play roster will parade him around the ring tears will roll and JR will say this is what Wrestle mania is all about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dancor wrote: »
    If Flair does not win the rumble does that count as a match lost? Flair to win rr and headline WM against a heel Triple H, Flair will lose, but with dignity and announce his retirement, confetti will fall music will play roster will parade him around the ring tears will roll and JR will say this is what Wrestle mania is all about.

this is what i see happening too but maybe not HHH (though it could be) instead id say Randy Ortan and Flair to win. Ortan would mean it would be the Legend Killer trying to retire the legend of the Nature boy, it would also give Flair one last crack at the gold and many chances to tell Randy that if he wants to be the man he has to beat the man. they could do the Rocky angle where he is happy to just go the distance but i think that the WWE would want to let him go out on top after such a big final push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

ANYONE please!!!

Its going to be Triple H or Cena unfortunately. Even if he retires he will probably come back to do one match here or there . The only thing that will retire him will be a bad injury or death . ! Dont want to sound too morbid .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The arrogant legend killer beaten by the legend on the biggest stage of them all, i like it. A fitting way to end Flair's wrestling career.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

The arrogant legend killer beaten by the legend on the biggest stage of them all, i like it. A fitting way to end Flair's wrestling career.

I'd like to see Cena do it but as a heel. Then have some decent promos with him and Y2J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

flair won't be beaten but he will retire anyways at wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would like to see Flair win it at Wrestlemania and then retire. Do what they teased they would do with Foley in 2000.

I don't agree with those who think someone should beat him.

The man has been putting over young guys all his career and I think a fitting end for him would be for him to be put over in his final match. Orton is the logical choice to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think Flair has earned to right to not job in his last match, even a draw or something would work, i like the rocky balboa angle theyre going with, the old champ with one last shot at glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

krudler wrote: »
    I think Flair has earned to right to not job in his last match, even a draw or something would work, i like the rocky balboa angle theyre going with, the old champ with one last shot at glory

Indeed its a good shot but judging from how his match ended on RAW I dont think that they are going about it the right away

I totally agree.Flair should retire flair.I would hate to see it any other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Who hasn't retired Ric Flair?

Cmon remember Nitro every few months he'd retire then show up a few weeks later.....

"I bet ya never thought WOOOOOoooooOOOOOOo you'd see the nature boy again!"

I personally don't want to see the man die in the ring and it really would be best if he did retire but I honestly don't see it happen he'll go away for a few months but he'll be back.

Anybody know how many times has flair retired so far in his career?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Who hasn't retired Ric Flair?

Cmon remember Nitro every few months he'd retire then show up a few weeks later.....

"I bet ya never thought WOOOOOoooooOOOOOOo you'd see the nature boy again!"

I personally don't want to see the man die in the ring and it really would be best if he did retire but I honestly don't see it happen he'll go away for a few months but he'll be back.

Anybody know how many times has flair retired so far in his career?

He still has it.He puts alot of guys half his age to shame with his promos and in ring work.When I am whatever age ric flair is, I would still love to be able to take the bumps and do the stuff that he does in the ring and im sure many others would aswell. The thought of someone like my dad taking a back body drop,being thrown off the top rope at such an age makes me cringe.You cant help but admire him for doing that night in night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

im fearing that there is more truth to flairs promo on raw last monday where he said he would never retire, and we will still be here 10 years later watching an even more withered flair make a fool of himself because he couldn't give up the one thing in his life that makes him tick. thats going a bit far i suppose but i genuinly feel ric flair will have to be pushed before he jumps because wrestling is so much part of his personality that he'll never be able to leave it behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nice thought but utterly ridiculous that a 80 year old man could retire as champion. Im a big Flair fan (and tbh his autobiography was a great read) but no way should he get the belt.

i think he should do a program with HHH and maybe throw Arn Anderson into the mix in some non wrestling role as he and RF are so close, would be a nice touch. Maybe a new 4 horsemen stable with Arn ( or even flair after he actively finishes wrestling as he has signed a 3 year deal) as a Paul E Dangerously type of manager.

80 year old? Come on he might be old but thats ridiculous!

Oh and don't refer to him as RF, it conjures up images of a certain kiddy-fiddler who used to own ROH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wish he would retire already and get off Tv. As was already stated he's retired several times and only came back after a few weeks. I don't really care for this angle because most fans will only star counting down to his return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

a big question will be will Flair be involved in the Royal Rumble and will that count towards the retire if you lose angle as once these questions are answered and if the answer is yes then who will win the rumble will already be answered as Flairs last match will not be with 29 other wrestlers.

has Flair ever retired in the WWE? i cant remember it ever happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

a big question will be will Flair be involved in the Royal Rumble and will that count towards the retire if you lose angle as once these questions are answered and if the answer is yes then who will win the rumble will already be answered as Flairs last match will not be with 29 other wrestlers.

Yeah I was wondering about that myself. He might not be involved in the match at all. He could end up on the undercard and maybe that would be the best solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I think so ... if he's in the rumble, well then, he'll win the rumble. But I'd say it's more sensible to put him into an actual match with someone that he has "no chance of beating".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Well seeing as most of the speculation seems to indicate Flair will face Orton or maybe HHH at Mania, who is going to job and feud with Flair on Raw till then? Carlito would be a likely candidate but his days seem to be over especially as he has being buried over the last few months.

Flair wont face Orton again, Orton had his chance last week, Orton wont even be Champion come wrestlemania, Mcmahon will now put him into hard matches against the likes of Umaga, Snitzky, etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement