Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Little 206 is so plain :(

Options
  • 30-11-2007 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hiya,

I bought a 206 few months ago its silver and has nasty boring hupcaps and standard everything my fella drives an sir and gettin fed up of looking at my boring one and his sexy one!! What do you think i should do with it and were should i look for them, i want to get alloys but cant afford really dear ones please help me! i dont know whether to put money into it and get it done up as its really good car real low milage for a 99 and in good nick or just sell it and get a jap :(ttttttt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on if you paid over the odds for the 206, it doesn't make sense to modify a base spec model, if you want extras and you like 206's, go for a GLX or Roland Garros UK 1.6 model. they'll usually have full length glass roof and loads other goodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 206Girly

i paid 4grand for it its my first car but my da paid for it and have to pay money back in a loan which is now 5000 because i crashed it! i just want to get nice alloys and maybe angel eyes for it thats enough! i just dont know what car i want to get next id love a crx del sol but insurance would be mad and im only a named driver on mine and its 600 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Looking at the photo of your car tis a bit plain, just start off small one thing i noticed is you still have the early model side repeaters (amber colour) changing them to clear (later) model ones will look good.

Also alloys for your pug you can find them on Gumtree.ie or Buyandsell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Good advice from Volvoboy.

Don't go for angel eyes it looks very tacky, especially on a car like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Lower it 60mm all round on adjustible shocks and springs, with 16'' multi spoke wheels and it will be class looking. Thats all that needs done imo..

• Advertisement

Avoid Lexus rear lights too!
    crazy_1069101359_206silver_01.jpg
    You dont wanna end up looking like this!

I'd suggest 15" alloys, and some colour coding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Avoid Lexus rear lights too!
    crazy_1069101359_206silver_01.jpg
    You dont wanna end up looking like this!

I'd suggest 15" alloys, and some colour coding.

I agree if you want Lexus lights on your car buy a Lexus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

The first thing i would do is colour code it, then id dump the badged grill it gives it a cleaner look(see pic) then its on to wheels you dont have to spend crazy money get a secondhand set and re-furb them (white??) then id lower her a little, in saying all this keep your standard parts they will come in extremly handy when you go to resell it.if you want to do more look at the better models like the gti try get some OEM parts for a clean factory look

just my 2 cents

24012006-191151-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 206Girly

tks for all d advice i might just sell it though get something a little bit better to work with might get a black colt saw a lovely glx limited edition leather interior for 5grand only milage is high but other than that its pretty gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i'd stick with the 206 until you can save up a bit of money for yourself and go get something really nice with some proper power.

if thats not an option projectgtr's advice is spot on.

also if the colt isn't gonna cost you much then go for it, much nicer than the 206

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hanson

I drive a Pug 206 aswell, and I know exactly what u mean. I'm sick of seeing all of the lads bombing round in their Vtecs and Mivecs, so I said that I'd stick it to them!

First, I put a new induction kit in it. You can get a good sounding one in Argos for €30!
    Next, go and get a Fusion Audio Kit, it should only cost u around €300 for a proper sound system. I then got the whole car resprayed black for €250ish and put green underbody neons on it.
    Make sure u get alloys though. Without alloys, all of this would look ridiculous. Wolfrace seem to offer the cheapest 16" around, and u dont wanna go for anything bigger than that, cos then tyre profile, dimensions, etc come into it, and it gets messy!

If u are really serious about moddin it and dont know wat to do, send it into a bodyshop and get a quote for a custom mod kit.

N.B DONT GET A COLT, THEY ARE TOO EASY TO SPIN. 206 ARE THE BEST HANDLING HATCHES AROUND. Bar civics of course!

^^^
    Man without trying to sound pedantic are you extracting the urine???:confused:

Hanson wrote: »
    I drive a Pug 206 aswell, and I know exactly what u mean. I'm sick of seeing all of the lads bombing round in their Vtecs and Mivecs, so I said that I'd stick it to them!
    I wouldn't be too worried if I saw you in the rear view mirror! Amused maybe...
    First, I put a new induction kit in it. You can get a good sounding one in Argos for €30!
    By good sounding, I assume you mean loud? Fair trade off for the power decrease it will give.
    Next, go and get a Fusion Audio Kit, it should only cost u around €300 for a proper sound system.
    Of course, you have to get lots of speakers and amps! then it wouldn't be modified....
    I then got the whole car resprayed black for €250ish and put green underbody neons on it.
    €250 wouldn't cover the cost of the paint, unless you're using Dulux.
    If u are really serious about moddin it and dont know wat to do, send it into a bodyshop and get a quote for a custom mod kit.
    That sounds exactly what someone who doesn't know what they're doing would do!
    N.B DONT GET A COLT, THEY ARE TOO EASY TO SPIN. 206 ARE THE BEST HANDLING HATCHES AROUND. Bar civics of course!
    Or 106, or Saxo, or Fiesta, or......

I wouldn't be too worried if I saw you in the rear view mirror! Amused maybe...

By good sounding, I assume you mean loud? Fair trade off for the power decrease it will give.

Of course, you have to get lots of speakers and amps! then it wouldn't be modified....

€250 wouldn't cover the cost of the paint, unless you're using Dulux.

That sounds exactly what someone who doesn't know what they're doing would do!

Or 106, or Saxo, or Fiesta, or......

For starters, an induction kit in smaller cars decreases the speed that the revs go up, therefore increasing speed, as you can take more out of each gear. At the end of the day, they are called performance air filters for a reason.

As for the paint job, if u get alot of work done in the same garage, you will get a good price, at the end of the day, its not what you know, its who you know.

As for the custom bodykit, yes, thats exactly what I mean. If u dont know what exactly you want, have somebody give you ideas on what u might like.

As for the 106, Saxo, Fiesta, etc, the 206 is proven to have better handling in all conditions so why would you get anything else? And anyway, she already has a 206, so mentioning other cars is pointless.

projectgtr wrote: »
    ^^^
    Man without trying to sound pedantic are you extracting the urine???:confused:

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

For starters, an induction kit in smaller cars decreases the speed that the revs go up, therefore increasing speed, as you can take more out of each gear. At the end of the day, they are called performance air filters for a reason.

As for the 106, Saxo, Fiesta, etc, the 206 is proven to have better handling in all conditions so why would you get anything else? And anyway, she already has a 206, so mentioning other cars is pointless.

smells.jpg

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Induction kits need to be specifically matched to each particular engine,
    Putting a universal induction kit for 30 quid is also going to decrease performance.
    The kit is drawing in warm air from the engine bay instead of cold air from outside. If you are to get any performance gains, you need to get a cold air duct to feed the induction kit. even at that, a performance panel filter will give more bhp without the risk of sucking in water from floods.

decreases the speed that the revs go up, therefore increasing speed, as you can take more out of each gear.
    I don't think either of us knows what you mean by that, If you do, please go a bit deeper. You seem to be suggesting that an induction kit affects the gearing on the car so that the engine revs lower but the car goes faster? I have an Apexi kit fitted to my car, but maybe as it's not a smaller car, this phenomonon doesn't occur. Sounds useful.

As for the paint job, if u get alot of work done in the same garage, you will get a good price,
    Any paint job for 250 quid is going to be rubbish. No matter how much regular repair work your car needs.

at the end of the day, its not what you know, its who you know.
    I hope you know lots of people.
    As for the custom bodykit, yes, thats exactly what I mean. If u dont know what exactly you want, have somebody give you ideas on what u might like.
    If you don't know what you want, the best thing to do is wait till you know, not let someone else do what they want. The last thing I'd want on a car is some poxy homemade fibreglass kit.
    But a Civic is better still? how many of these cars have you actually driven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the front shocks on pug 206's are adjustable , lowwer it 42.5 mill front and 40 on the back , apex springs for 100 euro are a good investment , maybe some high beam bulbs ?

just don't buy fox , wolfrace or ripspeed brand gear. ( or infact anything out of hafords. )

a day trip to england is a good idea, 100's of shops there that can hook your car up rather cheaply ( compared to irish shops which are well s*** )

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Induction kits need to be specifically matched to each particular engine,
    Putting a universal induction kit for 30 quid is also going to decrease performance.
    The kit is drawing in warm air from the engine bay instead of cold air from outside. If you are to get any performance gains, you need to get a cold air duct to feed the induction kit. even at that, a performance panel filter will give more bhp without the risk of sucking in water from floods.

decreases the speed that the revs go up, therefore increasing speed, as you can take more out of each gear.
    I don't think either of us knows what you mean by that, If you do, please go a bit deeper. You seem to be suggesting that an induction kit affects the gearing on the car so that the engine revs lower but the car goes faster? I have an Apexi kit fitted to my car, but maybe as it's not a smaller car, this phenomonon doesn't occur. Sounds useful.

Any paint job for 250 quid is going to be rubbish. No matter how much regular repair work your car needs.

I hope you know lots of people.

If you don't know what you want, the best thing to do is wait till you know, not let someone else do what they want. The last thing I'd want on a car is some poxy homemade fibreglass kit.

But a Civic is better still? how many of these cars have you actually driven

Well, if I'm definitly wrong, I'd like to know so I can learn, but about the Induction kits, thats always the impression that I've had, cos its what i've been told. And I'm not trying to get into an argument about this, so there isnt any need to try and get me into one. If i'm worng, prove it to me, and I will whole-heartedly apologize.

About small car's handling, I've drove a Saxo, Punto, Civic, Polo, Golf, 306, 106, 206, Corolla Carvan, Fiesta, Colt, Mirage, Starlet, etc.

Out of all of these cars, the best handling by far is the 206, bar the Civic of course, I've never seen anything stick to corners like a Civic before.

If I'm wrong, please explain to me how, but I know what I'm talking about when I say that a 206 is the best handling from experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Out of all of these cars, the best handling by far is the 206, bar the Civic of course, I've never seen anything stick to corners like a Civic before.

you've never driven a 106 then... my little red rocket beats the local FD rx-7 through most/any corner...

s.i.r <3 1 liter xn 106's :)

• Advertisement

S.I.R wrote: »
    you've never driven a 106 then... my little red rocket beats the local FD rx-7 through most/any corner...

s.i.r <3 1 liter xn 106's :)

It doesnt help when the local FD is on blocks :D:D:D:D

Advertisement