Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xml

Options
  • 30-11-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

my name is john. studying computer systems management in ITCarlow, Hi everybody

i have been given an xml project to do, i have just started my final year in computer systems management and have missed the first three weeks, like i have no xml experience whatsoever, anybody that could help me with this assignment would be greatly appreciatted

Make a simple demonstration of a XML system as follows:
    1. An internal or external DTD declaration for an application area of your choice – make it original! It should allow for nesting of elements and some element attributes. Include specification of repetition of elements (e.g. any number of an element, optional element, etc.). (10)
    2. An accompanying XML document (ass1.xml) to fully demonstrate the DTD (when its source is viewed). A simple presentation using cascading stylesheet will be ok to display it in the browser (10)
    3. Look at the examples in the Example Code folder in the class folder especially e.g. xsldemo04.xls, xsldemo05.xls which are attachable to xsldemo.xml . Using these as a basis adapt the stylesheets and attach them to your above XML file as ass1a.xml and ass1b.xml. Your corresponding stylesheets should be named ass1a.xsl and ass1b.xsl and do things like give filtering , sorting of the XML input as well some simple formatting. Include explanatory comments. (10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

My help = http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp answers most of what you want there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Presumably you havent read the charter. I dont think anybody will help you with this. Not onyl is it a class project so its banned anyway but you've seemingly made no effort yourself so far. You say you have no XML experience but surely the point of college is to learn. Learning how to find information is an important skill that you need to learn. In my day we didnt have internet access so everything was done from library books. Now that you have GOOGLE there really is no excuse for posting a question like this. 10 minutes of google searching would probably find you the answer to your questions.

Hmm, i've just noticed this is your FINAL year. I initially read it as your FIRST year. no excuse then for not being able to research stuff yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Locked. jonbalo have a read of this and feel free to try again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement