Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork chocalate slices

• 30-11-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to explain (badly) what a chocalate slice is to people in work here and can't find any pictures. Does anyone have a picture. They were a cake / biscuit that was only sold in Cork and still is sold in Cork in a lot of places but not so much, if at all, in the rest of Ireland. Anyone near UCC that could run to hurleys shop and take a picture for me....or have a link to a picture. Or indeed, do they sell them in Dublin now? Maybe I'm calling them by the wrong name but thats what we called them in Cork growing up.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah, I know the ones you're on about. With a pink button of icing on top?

They had a biscuit base, a layer of chocolate kind of butter-icing type thing, and a top layer of chocolate with the pink button. Will try and find a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

thats the exact one, thanks Faith. I resorted to drawing a picture for them here but I think my description of a pink hat on top didn't help

Lol, I tried googling, but couldn't find anything. Was going to draw you a picture in paint, but you've got that covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I appreciate the help anyway. I might get my younger brother to take a picture as a last resort and send it on to me (it'll bug me otherwise). I'll have to buy them some here in work after building it up so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My mother buys me one of these everytime I'm back in Cork, despite the fact that I don't really like them. They're a bit hit and miss. Sometimes the biscuit bit (which is actually a lot softer than a biscuit) can be a bit crunchy for my liking! Unfortunately I wont be home until Thursday but if you still need the photo I'll take one.

I didn't realise they were a Cork thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I added a pic of one earlier.

Aw, that's the one.

Gross, you can see the apricot jam (think that's what it is) peeking out! And you got it in Fitzpatricks! I miss home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Gross,
    it was not!
    And you got it in Fitzpatricks!
    yup, that'd be the local.

deRanged wrote: »
    it was not!

In fairness, I'll eat a chocolate slice no problem, I just don't really like them that much!

deRanged wrote: »
    yup, that'd be the local.

I very rarely go there but tis a nice shop all the same!

• Advertisement
Advertisement