Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build for next year, advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

TBH i dont think there is any point planning a system 3 months in advance. Prices change so much, better things come out. I know its really annoying that your going to make such a big purchase and you cant really spec things out!

I'm starting work placment in Intel in april , and apparently you get some massive discount on there stuff,and as much as i'd love to go specing a pc, there really is no point, just a waste of my time!

When i was in america i didnt find the prices of there components to be that great compared to online here, especially if you can get the vat back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Agree with the post above. Your build looks nice if you were to order right now but who knows what will be available next Februrary or how much prices may have dropped, so I would leave it as late as you can to order.

Only minor thing id change is with the Dvd drive from IDE to Sata, much neater. I got that special offer with the spinpoints myself for my build its a good deal but like I said in 3 months they will most likely be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TBH i dont think there is any point planning a system 3 months in advance. Prices change so much, better things come out. I know its really annoying that your going to make such a big purchase and you cant really spec things out!

:rolleyes: QFT, wait till the time comes, will be different components on offer & better deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

thanks witnessmenow agree up to a point, my build is going to evolve before i have a final configuration will likely get the new the new 8800GTS and maybe the motherboards will change but i think you have to draw a line in the sand and say this is it and not worry too much about what is coming down the line.
    Only minor thing id change is with the Dvd drive from IDE to Sata, much neater. I got that special offer with the spinpoints myself for my build its a good deal but like I said in 3 months they will most likely be cheaper.

thanks for that here.from.day.1 very helful will change

Advertisement