Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W810i

• 30-11-2007 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

I've tried searching for the answer on here but couldn't find it...

My W810i's headset is going funny... the sound is flickering on and off in one earphone, and fiddling with the connector at the base of the phone (and the cable) affects it. Is the headset screwed? Or any way to repair it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Poppers1888

if its still within warranty the store will usually just replace it or you can buy online for about €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

if its still within warranty the store will usually just replace it or you can buy online for about €20

Ah I never even thought of the warrenty! I got it last Christmas with Vodafone, should still be under warrenty shouldn't it?

If not, I'll pick up a headset in the Sony Centre for €45 or whatever.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You have a 1 year warranty on accessorys in the Sony Ericsson box contrary to what the shops tell you (they may only cover it for 6 mths, which I'm sure they're perfectly entitled to do etc) I believe MPRC will honour it. Otherwise ring Sony Ericsson Irish helpline and they'll help you out.

Where are they €20 online?

Went back to Carphone Warehouse today, both the assistant and her manager said that the headset wasn't covered by the 12 month warrenty, but by a 3 month warrenty. (The manager actually said that his broke after 4 months and he had to get a new pair).

However, I had checked the warrenty beforehand and it said the phone and the accessories were all covered by the 12 month warrenty. When I told them this, they rang and said "oh it can be sent to Sony Ericsson for repair, but you've to send the phone too".

I'm tempted just to get a new pair... should I? They're €50 in Carphone Warehouse to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You'll get them cheaper than €50. I would suggest you get onto a repair centre (try www.mprc.ie maybe) directly and see if they can sort you out without sending off a perfectly working phone. Also try Sony Eircsson Ireland support and plead your case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciarán_Dublin

I got the w810i the day it came out and the headset broke in about 2 weeks.

I was using another sony headset that was horrible and decided to look a the old one a few month ago. I just tried pulling at the gold pins on the connection with my nail and one popped up, and its working like new again.

Otherwise buy a new one on ebay, think its 22 euro or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm pretty sure that 3 month thing isn't true. I changed stuff for people outside 3 months and it was never a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Fabio

I lost my first headset, so I went away and bought a new one from ebay and it wasn't as bassy as the first one. That SE one I got from ebay recently started to go wonky so I bought another for about €12 and the bass from it is pounding, unfortunately it's doing that at the expense of mid and semi-high range tones in music tracks. Plus this new set doesn't need the volume up to full to enable me to hear it haha!

Apologies for resurrecting this one but with my K850i the audio connection has gone weird (again :mad:)

I'm sick at this stage of replacing the connections for SE headsets... they're ok for 4-6 months and then go flickery.

Anyways anyone know of a set of SE earphones / connection that are designed to be more robust? Or just recommend what I'm to do?

Cheers!

-JB

Advertisement