Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 scam advise

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I just "bought"playstation3 on gumtree.ie I transfered money to seller account and didnt get
    the item.What can I do to get my money back please advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Not a PI will transfer to consumer issues

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How long ago was this?
    Did you try to contact gumtree?
    Can you get the money back from the account?
    Was it a paypal account?
    Do you have a personal info on seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I’ve sent the poster my money but he has not sent the goods.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to get involved in the private transactions between a buyer and a seller. However, if you can report the details to us, we will keep the details on permanent file under the poster's records.

You may wish to contact your local citizen’s advice bureau or the Police, who will be able to advise you on the best course of action to take. The number for your local office can be found in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

The poster wants me to send cash up front - what should I do?

Don't do it. Gumtree recommend that buyers NEVER send cash or cheques through the post, or place money directly into a seller's bank account, in advance or expectation of receiving goods. We do not advise parting with your money/goods until the transfer of goods/cash is completed face to face.

Watch out for Western Union/Bid Pay – it is our belief that these forms of funds transfer are favoured by fraudsters. PayPal is much more secure.

See Buying & Selling – top tips for staying safe for more advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement