Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a US region Nintendo Wii work in Ireland?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Will a US region Nintendo Wii work in Ireland?

I know that it will only play usa games but other then that are there anyother issues

Will it work here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I'm not sure about the specifics of the Wii, but generally US and Japanese consoles work on the NTSC TV format. We in Europe use PAL. Most modern TVs should be able to run it well enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Watch out for the power supply. They use 60hz current in the States and 50hz over here or so my frined says. Will eventually fry the Wii, cos it tries to draw more power than it can get and overworks itself causing fryage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

It won't work unless you can change the viewing to Pal. With a Wii I don't think you can. I would check into it before you buy one!!;)

Advertisement