Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West coast to be hit by waves of up to 42 feet

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

According to Magic Seaweed and Breaking News the west coast of Ireland is due for some serious swells the weekend.

It does look very messy however.

Anyone brave enough to head out?

I'm sticking the 'board and 'suit in the car and heading to Lahinch, but very cagey about hitting the waves :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I'll be doing the same and heading too Garretstown,not so sure about getting in the water.Will shoot some video and photos of conditions if it is'nt raining too much regardless.These are good conditions for the pros...are there any heading our way seeing as the conditions are record breaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

12.png

Man and here I sit in a office on a Saturday :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭roxychix

looking out at it now it crazy but very messy but got some nice shots youd have to be mental to go out in that

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

Didn't have the cahuna's to head out in it today, spent the day in town and got drenched the not so enjoyable way.

I'm definitely heading down tomorrow though, come hell or high water (high water most likely) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

wideangle wrote: »
    Will shoot some video and photos of conditions if it is'nt raining too much regardless.These are good conditions for the pros...are there any heading our way seeing as the conditions are record breaking?

That reminds me, must scan in a picture I have from a newspaper of a guy from Cornwall surfing Aileens in a HUGE swell in August 2006 (iirc). 15 _metre_ wave. The lad must have had balls of solid steel for that one. He's dwarfed by the wave in the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭petrochemical

Advertisement