Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream that disturbed me

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

First of all this isn't a recent or recurring dream, it's a dream I had about 4 years ago and I think I talked about it so much at the time that I still have a very vivid recollection of it. Also, I'm sorry if it's long and confusing, I've just always wanted to get a strangers opinion on it.

So my situation at the time was I was about 18/19, living with my parents, had a large circle of friends, two of my friends (george and shane) lived in ballyfermot, they had a circle of friends there that sometimes came out with the rest of us but I didn't really know them, just enough to make small talk with.

So the dream...
    I was in my house, in the fancy room, and all the ballyfermot boys were there, I wasn't entirely comfortable around them but Shane was there so it wasn't too bad. There was a bit of tension in the room as the boys were counting out the money they stored in a box. (general assumption was that the money was gotten through ilegal activities).

The money came up short and everyone started looking for someone to blame, then one of the Ballyfermot lads (Micky, I didn't like him in real life, he tended to make up stories for attention) admitted that he had taken the money. Noone had accused him but he just said "ah lads, it was me, I'm real sorry, I needed it badly, I'll make it up next week.

But this wasn't good enough for them, the tall one with dreadlocks (incidentally he wasn't one of them in real life, he was some random guy I'd seen on jackass that evening) grabbed Micky and threw him up against the wall. (He was wearing a mask in my dream, kinda clownish looking). I went to stop him and Shane told me that in fairness Micky had taken money loads of times before, and he deserves what he gets. I ran out of the house to get help as I was afraid of what would happen.

Right outside my frontgate I ran into George. I was hysterical at this stage, I told him what was happening and he just repeated what Shane said, I went mad at him so he told me he'd go in and sort it out.

He made me sit at the backsteps of my house and went inside. Then I heard loads of screaming, I ran in and I saw micky lying in a pool of blood, beaten to death, I looked around at all the lads and not one of them had a speck of blood on them, George turned to me with this really weird look, kind of bewildered but terrified at the same time, he then looked down at his hands and they were dripping with blood, and then all of a sudden I woke up, I was absolutely petrified, I didn't get back to sleep all night!

Any meaning behind it all do you think? Or just nothing?

Thanks if you managed to get this far!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭super-lloyd

Nice dream hey (plenty of action)!

Personally I don't get bothered by dreams. At worst they are meaningless at best they told me things I already know, like what bother me or interest me or stress me at the time.

If such a dream unsetles you think of it as a great action movie where you were one of the main character hey! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sweet Lips

My Dad Passed away in February and ever since I have really bad dreams! My last dream was, I was in the grave yard and he was in the hospital bed lying over the grave, calling me over but I couldnt go over as there was some thing waiting to pull me down...they are really up setting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Sweet Lips wrote: »
    My Dad Passed away in February and ever since I have really bad dreams! My last dream was, I was in the grave yard and he was in the hospital bed lying over the grave, calling me over but I couldnt go over as there was some thing waiting to pull me down...they are really up setting...

I really feel for you on this one. Sometimes I dream that my brother has come back, no not to life, as it turned out he never died, it was apparently all a dreadful mistake and he had just gone away and the funeral was just a coincidence.

I wake up with the most joyful feeling and lie there in dream reality only to slowly realise Im getting to much reality and the hope of the dream is extinguished. This is happening 27 years after he died,sorry 28.

Advertisement