Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented accommodation contents insurance

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

done a few searches on this both here and on the web, not much found. Can i get content insurance only for rented accomodation? If so who does it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Yes you can. Most insurers should do it. But I know for a fact that Quinn Direct do it. You can check it out on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

just got a quote from quinn direct, thanks. ill keep looking though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Try any insurance broker. I found when looking for contents insurance while sharing accomodation that only an insurance broker would deal with me (that's different though if you're sharing with family/partner/best friend). I also found that there was a minimum amount they'd insure my contents for - usually EUR20K.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Got ours through 123.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If its not to personal how much is contents insurance costing you? Is a quote of around €110 good for goods up to €25k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

That's a good quote alright. Mine was about 160 I think for the same value but it included an engagement ring which is insured even outside of the residence.

- S

Advertisement