Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dove ad

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

but they're doing it to manipulate you into buying more dove products because 'dove cares', thus feeding the same multinationals that drive young women to this kind of idiocy.

i mean.. what the hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Oh for the love of God, it doesn't mean we're all going to rush out and buy Dove products (even though I do like their stuff)....we're just saying IT'S A GOOD AD!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no it's not.
    if that's the kind of vapid nonsense that women need to realise they don't need the beauty industry, then tbh you deserve the hole you've dug for yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MayMay wrote: »
    Oh for the love of God, it doesn't mean we're all going to rush out and buy Dove products
    It means a lot of people will though, because that's what ads cause people to do.
    we're just saying IT'S A GOOD AD!! :rolleyes:
    Fair enough if you're just saying it's well made, end of. But some people here are saying it's got a great message etc - it's a relevant message but not one Dove should be promoting. I think it's quite unethical tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dudess wrote: »
    Fair enough if you're just saying it's well made, end of. But some people here are saying it's got a great message etc - it's a relevant message but not one Dove should be promoting. I think it's quite unethical tbh.

I completly and utterly agree with you.It should be a message that the whole of society is promoting,but unfortunatly its not. At the moment Dove is one little fish in a huge sea of advertisments that offer some hope to us ladies. Hope that you dont have to look a certain way to be beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Mordeth wrote: »
    no it's not.
    if that's the kind of vapid nonsense that women need to realise they don't need the beauty industry, then tbh you deserve the hole you've dug for yourselves.
    QFT.
    MayMay wrote: »
    Oh for the love of God, it doesn't mean we're all going to rush out and buy Dove products (even though I do like their stuff)....we're just saying IT'S A GOOD AD!! :rolleyes:
    If Dove didn't think this ad would increase their sales they wouldn't have made it.

Saying "even though I do like their stuff" seems to indicate that you feel you need branded beauty products to feel good about yourself, so what has this ad accomplished? Nothing but to sway you more towards buying Dove products as opposed to the products of some other big corporation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    QFT.

If Dove didn't think this ad would increase their sales they wouldn't have made it.

Saying "even though I do like their stuff" seems to indicate that you feel you need branded beauty products to feel good about yourself, so what has this ad accomplished? Nothing but to sway you more towards buying Dove products as opposed to the products of some other big corporation.

No! Dove soap seems to be the only soap that I can use on my face that doesn't drive it mad so hence, I like their stuff!

Or maybe I shouldn't wash my face at all cause I'm giving in to the beauty industry!!!!

Advertisement