Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long does my driving licence take to get here ?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

how long is normally the turnaround for my full licence to get here, ive had to send off my provisional so i am without a licence, whats the turnaround time ? (i posted it to naas btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Anything from 1 to 15 working days generally. I was lucky enough to get mine in 1, god bless the efficient folks in Ballymun tax office. I've heard people who apply to Dublin city centre generally wait weeks. No idea what the story is with Naas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I applied to Clondalkin and got it in a few days Not long at all. Less than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 markmiller321

just a two quick questions. I just passed my test. If I go to my local motor tax office to apply will i get it there and then or will they post it out to me? And do i have to go to my local motor tax office or can I go to the one in the town in which i work i.e Kilkenny instead of Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They post it out to you. You can go to whatever tax office you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I got mine on the spot in the cork office...just by asking....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Usually 2 weeks.

For other people to know, better off going to the tax office to do it because as soon as they give you your receipt you are fully licenced for whatever licence you are applying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I posted my application on the Friday evening and received my licence in the post the following Thursday, that was Donegal CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 markmiller321

Just to let you know that you must apply to the tax office in the county in which you live. I went to the Kilkenny office which is right beside where I work but they said I had to apply to Laois Co Co in Portlaoise. (It also says so on the application form. I think this is a bit ridiculous if you live on the border and nearer to another motor tax office but i suppose thats a whole different debate)

Advertisement