Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engagement present?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all;
    My friend got engaged during the week, the thing is as she is the first of my friends to get engaged I have no idea as to what to get them to congratulate them. What do people normally give as an engagement present??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Depends how much you want to spend. I have bought the Waterford Crystal champagne flutes as they are themed e.g. love, success etc. Think they cost about €60.

A bottle of champagne....
    Restaurant voucher...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I don't feel that any present is necessary - just go out ith her for a few drinks to celebrate and refuse to let her pay for any! I got married just over 11 months ago and while we got some presents when we got engaged (vases etc) all we wanted was each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mdw

We got engaged and we now have enough glasses to open a pub. One of the nicest presents we got was a picture frame with a picture of the two of us and the person who gave it to us in the frame. Think of something you would like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

mdw wrote: »
    We got engaged and we now have enough glasses to open a pub. One of the nicest presents we got was a picture frame with a picture of the two of us and the person who gave it to us in the frame. Think of something you would like!!

Thats a really nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

a voucher to get a portrait photo of the couple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Bottle of bubbly.

Advertisement