Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to Install XP in Polish ?

• 30-11-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Our Polish neighbour asked if hubby can 'look at' her computer, so I came home with another unneeded problem!!

Won't load Windows, and keeps re-booting, we've managed to salvage what she needed using an external caddy, and are now reluctantly looking at reloading Windows in Polish!

Have tried using Google only to get utterly confused and give the hubby a real headache!
    Can anyone please give us a simple step-by-step guide to setup with Polish as the main language? Will be using XP Pro SP2.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You'll need a Polish version of Windows XP. Does your neighbour have any recovery cds or even a Polish version of Windows somewhere? You can install English XP and then the MUI pack which provides other languages but I think these packs may only be available through a Volume License program.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

'Fraid not - the computer came with no support CD's.
    We have just tried reloading XP (XP Pro SP2) with Polish option (in addition to English!) during the install process, but it still comes up in English, although Polish is selected as the default language. any suggestions?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have a look on the drive for a recovery folder or an i386 folder or recovery partition

what brand is it ? - check their web site for instructions

maybe a post on the Polish forum ,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1000

Put the drive back in external caddy and found a folder labelled i386 in Windows\servicepackfiles. How can I utilise it when the machine isn't loading - and won't even load in safe mode?

.........''You'll need a Polish version of Windows XP'' , This looks like the wayto go.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Selecting 'Polish' on the English CD will give you a Polish keybaord layout, and Polish locale settings (sort order, currency, time/date formats, etc).

For Polish user interface, you either need a multi-lingual XP (not sure if this is available) or Polish XP. Why not try Linux? I'm sure there's a free distro that has the user interface available in Polish.

Husband managed to get a loan of a polish cd and to our luck it came up with a 'Repair' option, something our English XP cds hadn't displayed. Up and running again, neighbour happy to have their computer back, complete with First Communion photos, which she thought she had lost!
    Thanks for all the help, job over and done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Get her to burn the photos onto a dvd , will save pain next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

XP multilingual user interface pack is only available to corporate volume licence customers on XP Pro. I don't think it'll even install on XP Home.

Advertisement