Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Almera Van. Good deal?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 7:13pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was looking at a 02 Almera van today. it costs 5k euro. It's got 107K miles. 1 year DOE. Looks clean enough for for the mileage. Drives well IMO. Might get a mate to come along with me tomorrow for another look. Is this a good deal?
    Thanks in advance
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

price sounds right, just make sure timing belt has been done, gearbox isn't hanging out of it and the injectors are ok.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thanks Colm,
    Is the gearbox and injectors known problems with these? The gearbox felt good to me. How would i know about a problem with the injectors.

I was just on carzone and their is a 00 Corolla van for the same money and 97k miles. What do people think would be a better buy? #
    I'm only looking for a Japanese carvan. It must be ultra reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Both the Corolla van and Almera van use French engines, the Corolla uses a Peugeot non turbo diesel and is very underpowered and not as reliable as the old 2.0D on the round headlight models.

I've seen some Primeras with the same engine give injector trouble, could be coincidental. Have someone who knows Renaults or Nissans to drive the car and make sure it's going well. as a turbo or other various bits going wrong could cost you dearly

I'd lean towards the Nissan in this case.

Advertisement