Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DivX/ Xvid Support for 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wait .... does this mean i can make a data disk with a few .avi movies and copy them to the xbox elite 120gb hard drive ?? That would be class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

robdcu wrote: »
    wait .... does this mean i can make a data disk with a few .avi movies and copy them to the xbox elite 120gb hard drive ?? That would be class

no but you will be able to play those files directly off the disk

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

you can get 500GB ones in Argos for like 150 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jayteecork wrote: »
    you can get 500GB ones in Argos for like 150 euro.
    Any that are USB powered though.. or do they require their own power supply? I'd prefer a small USB one that i just could slot in alongside my 360.
    robdcu wrote: »
    Yeah, the in-built hard drives still only support Live content as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anybody know what time this update is released tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

neacy69 wrote: »
    Anybody know what time this update is released tomorrow?
    Sometime after 10 in the morning.

basquille wrote: »

Yeah, the in-built hard drives still only support Live content as far as I know.

yeah but ya know the way ya can transfer music and photo files etc?? are you sure

Can you actually transfer that to the XBox Drive though? I've not owned an 360 that long but i thought most of that stuff was only available by streaming.

Music can be played via an external disk (AFAIK) but not sure about photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Flaccus wrote: »
    Divx is really only a technology which people who pirate stuff care about. At least that's what it has turned into for the majority from what I can see. You know it's true. ;) Anyone who cares about quality playback has DVD's, BD's or HDVD's. How many of you convert these to divx ? None I'd say. For the vast majority with 360's it just means you can stop using Nero media home, Winamp or TVersity to transcode on the fly your divx of some US show you just torrented down.

Stating the obvious, who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Divx is really only a technology which people who pirate stuff care about. At least that's what it has turned into for the majority from what I can see. You know it's true. ;) Anyone who cares about quality playback has DVD's, BD's or HDVD's. How many of you convert these to divx ? None I'd say. For the vast majority with 360's it just means you can stop using Nero media home, Winamp or TVersity to transcode on the fly your divx of some US show you just torrented down.

I'd say you were popular in school :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Sure..sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

basquille wrote: »
    Excellent news to be honest..

Now to look for a nice 320GB - 500GB USB powered external disk! :D

(the 3 external disks i have all required a seperate power supply)

But you can still use these hard drives right ??

I've a MyBook 250GB (FAT32) so hopefully this is going to have a new home by the tv :)

AntiRip wrote: »
    But you can still use these hard drives right ??

I've a MyBook 250GB (FAT32) so hopefully this is going to have a new home by the tv :)
    Yeah, you can still use them fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Have a 500 gig NTFS external hardrive i want to some how get my xbox 360 to read the drive without converting to a fat 32 drive that would make me lose alot of the discs volume any solutions.

I think that one of the things updated is something to do with reading different drives. Not sure if it was for NTFS though. Check it out on xbox.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok had a play with this , tested on a lot of music video clips , most of them play but some with just audio, so annoying as when this happens i seems to take ages to B back out of the video, i havent had a chance to check what the difference between the ones that work and the ones that dont is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok had a play with this , tested on a lot of music video clips , most of them play but some with just audio, so annoying as when this happens i seems to take ages to B back out of the video, i havent had a chance to check what the difference between the ones that work and the ones that dont is

Does it up convert the video to 720p ?

Sure..sure :D

:) Nice reply Dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Can you download this update onto a disc? I cant find it on the Xbox site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just tried playing a couple of recent tv shows and they played without any problems for me. Can't seem to find a way to change the aspect ratio though which is annoying...
    I'll plug it into my tv later to give it a proper test...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

So far two people have posted about using the Divx and Xvid one with problems one without problems?
    Anybody else tried this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I tried earlier, just didn't work, said video wasn't recognised. Didn't really have time to play with it!

link to download Please????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

neacy69 wrote: »
    So far two people have posted about using the Divx and Xvid one with problems one without problems?
    Anybody else tried this yet?
    I tried playing a dvd-r with a few xvid movies on it and all of them played fine.

Tazer wrote: »
    Can you download this update onto a disc? I cant find it on the Xbox site.

xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

... is the usual link. It might take them an extra day or 2 to get the new ISO up there though, so watch it. When it changes to 12-07... Your laughin'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Opps just read the full thread and my question was answered

At least read the thread before posting...

The post RIGHT above yours has the info you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sorry i had the page open before that was posted so i did get to see it until i had posted

Looking forward to trying this out when i get home from work anyways.

God bless my 4GB USB key! :D

Sorry i had the page open before that was posted so i did get to see it until i had posted

No problem, i was a little harsh to be honest :)

Don't mind me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I've only been able to stream divx's. When i put in a dvd with them on it, they won't play.

Advertisement