Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DivX/ Xvid Support for 360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Julez wrote: »
    I tried earlier, just didn't work, said video wasn't recognised. Didn't really have time to play with it!

Did it not ask you to download a codec? It asked me to do it, then it worked after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

el dude wrote: »
    I've only been able to stream divx's. When i put in a dvd with them on it, they won't play.
    Does your drive even detect the disc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Apparently it will only support/play DivX's created using DivX 5.0 and later... That could be the reason some are working and some aren't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Anyone know if you should be able to play .mkv files?

basquille wrote: »
    Does your drive even detect the disc?

It says mixed media disc in the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

el dude, are you accessing the files via video in the media blade? Selecting mixed media in the disc bar won't work.

I'm just streaming them from wmp11. The discs don't work is what i am saying. It's detects it as a mixed media disc, but detect it is all it does. Won't play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

None of my videos stream now, even the ones that worked before the update, either an extender message comes up or it simply says it doesn't recognise the file.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

el dude wrote:
    I'm just streaming them from wmp11. The discs don't work is what i am saying. It's detects it as a mixed media disc, but detect it is all it does. Won't play it.
    Yeah but you're not just selecting the disc at the bottom like you would with a game, are you? 'Cause I found that doesn't work, you have to go into the Media blade, select Video, choose device, select the disc, select the file, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tried first time and worked no problem

asked me to download a codec

make sure you go into videos on media blade, hit X to change source

presto, excellent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

for those with divx problems, changing the resolution to 640*480 or switching to component(any resolution) seems to be fixing problems for those over on avforums

Yeah but you're not just selecting the disc at the bottom like you would with a game, are you? 'Cause I found that doesn't work, you have to go into the Media blade, select Video, choose device, select the disc, select the file, etc.

Ah right, I'm after trying it that way and it works. Well, I'm able to watch half of the files i have on the disc. On the disc i've a season of Curb your Enthusiasm. All the same file type as far as i know, yet there's four episodes i can't play. :confused:

It doesn't seem to be able to handle subtitles either. Oh well, looks like I won't be retiring XBMC just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

when i go to the media blade and try to look at the pictures or video it's saying I can't connect now, and to make sure I have activated the console on my computer, it must have completely reset or something.

But if I enter media center I can look at the pictures no problem wtf?

Even better, it won't let me download any of the extenders, page not found hurrah

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/pcsetup/alldownloads.htm

Tried 3 files:

1 episode of Chuck ** PLAYED **
    1 episode of Heroes ** PLAYED **
    1 episode of Life on Mars ** FAILED **

On the two that played.. didn't like the way it seemed to force a full-screen aspect ratio. Anyone discovered anyway to change it, or can we?

Yeah if you just move the control stick it should bring up a controller with play, pause, etc. One of them lets you change the AR.

Cheers Sad Professor.

Wil give it a shot later.. fecking Eastenders getting in the way of my 'Chuck' and 'Heroes' watching! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Im using a 1G Memory Stick formatted to FAT 32 via the XCM 'XBOX 360 High Speed Air Cooler'.

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/360-hsc

I have one .avi file that plays perfectly 100% of the time but a number of others that have a 50/50 chance of starting. If the particular file doesnt start i have to exit and restart the 100% file and then restart the dodgy one and then it will play.

But then after a few minutes the video and audio loose sync with one another (which is impossible to watch).

Anyone have any ideas why this is so??

Tried changing AR and it was either fullscreen or original video size (tiny) on my 37" TV!

It'll do!

Tried changing AR and it was either fullscreen or original video size (tiny) on my 37" TV!

It'll do!
    Strange, I get a few other options including letterbox which displays 4:3 perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Anyone got streaming working on Linux? I'm trying to get fuppes working with limited success. Pain in the hole tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Divx/xvid works very well, who wants to say "well done microsoft" - I do :D

Also tested high def divx. I'm going to remove my MCE machine from the living room now.

Superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

It'll do!

If ya have the remote for the xbox, hit display & then you can change the display to a few different options incl. fullscreen, letterbox & stretch - which fits my 42" perfectly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone know if you should be able to play .mkv files?

put in a disc last night with a vareity of files, and it doesnt even see the .mkv files. divx,xvid,wmv-hd all worked fine for me though.

rcs wrote: »
    If ya have the remote for the xbox, hit display & then you can change the display to a few different options incl. fullscreen, letterbox & stretch - which fits my 42" perfectly...
    Yeah, i tried it for both episodes of 'Heroes' and 'Chuck' and all options were displayed as fullscreen on my TV.

Except for the one that was original size.

But i don't mind it on fullscreen.. looks great on my 37" but just assumed they're be an option for a widescreen aspect ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

played BSG Razor on it last nite and worked a treat, few minor, maybe 4 in total stuttering issues lasting a few seconds tho, other than that this is a sweet update - best one yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So it'll play divX from a cd-r/dvd-r and also stream it without having to transcode on the fly anymore?

00sully wrote: »
    played BSG Razor on it last nite and worked a treat, few minor, maybe 4 in total stuttering issues lasting a few seconds tho, other than that this is a sweet update - best one yet :)
    Yep, i must say it was a stupedous update really.

Was messing around on the Dashboard last night and found a load of new things.. some less significant than others:

Viewing Friends - list highlights by enlarging their gamer picture.
    XBox Originals
    Profile has new fields for bio, location etc.
    (etc)

I'm using my small XBox DVD remote for videos and it's work seamlessly. Great remote.. found it on EBay but it's nice and small. Not big and chunky like the media remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I'm using my small XBox DVD remote for videos and it's work seamlessly. Great remote.. found it on EBay but it's nice and small. Not big and chunky like the media remote.

is the the remote for the original xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

were can I d/load the update? and can you use an external hd and plug it into one of the usb ports on the 360?

Advertisement