Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DivX/ Xvid Support for 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scruff wrote: »
    is the the remote for the original xbox?
    Nope, it's a 360 DVD remote but works fine for navigating the dashboard and videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Auvers wrote: »
    were can I d/load the update? and can you use an external hd and plug it into one of the usb ports on the 360?

When you connect to Xbox Live you will be asked if you want to download the update.

You can plug an external drive into one of the USB ports and it will read any vids, pics and music on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

bucks73 wrote: »
    When you connect to Xbox Live you will be asked if you want to download the update.

thanks but I would rather not connect my 360 to live I would like to get the update and put it on a cdrw

Auvers wrote: »
    thanks but I would rather not connect my 360 to live I would like to get the update and put it on a cdrw

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

Still has the previous update but should be updated with new one in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

hshortt wrote: »
    Divx/xvid works very well, who wants to say "well done microsoft" - I do :D

Also tested high def divx. I'm going to remove my MCE machine from the living room now.

Superb!

so just to confirm mate you can play high def avi. files on the 360 via disc or usb device?

also is there a way ya download it on to disc as i don't have proper access?

thanks lads;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Does anyone know how to rename all divx files so they show up on the xbox properly?
    I have renamed the in the folder but they still show up as different on Xbox,for example if i had heroes it could be "Heroes (2007)dvd.avi" and when i rename it to "Heroes" it will still show up as "Heroes (2007)dvd.avi"on the Xbox.
    It would be nice to have them all named properly without all the extra bits that come from the download.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

i had the streaming working on me laptop through wmp11 but the media sharing option doesnt appear in the library tab on me pc, anyone have a clue why this is?

Might not be WMP11. Could still be WMP10.

Might not be WMP11. Could still be WMP10.

i re-installed it to make sure but its still the same, ive a few films on the pc id like to watch

Hey Forza...didnt even look at who had asked the question. Half asleep here. :)

I just checked the WMP on the PC here in work and it has sharing. Strange one. Will have a look around.

What version have you got? Mine here is 11.0.5721.5230

• Advertisement

haha hows it goin? i dont know what version it is but i checked for updates and it said i have the latest version installed, have the same one on me laptop and the media sharing option shows up no problem, gettin a bit pissed of with it!

How about opening the Options window from the menu and then clicking on the Library tab...is it not showing there either?

no mate, configure sharing is shaded out and unselectable :(

Are you accessing the PC as a user or admin?

im the admin but im logged in under my name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

are you using vista?

no its windows xp pro

same as me...very odd.

Edit: Have you a home network set up? I had to set up a network called "Home" to enable my itunes sharing to work. The fact that the PC and lappie were using the same router didnt matter, I still had to set up this network, otherwise I couldnt get my itunes to share.

id love to know whats up with it! i was on google for hours yesterday looking for a solution but found nothing

EDIT: im not connecting through the laptop im trying to go directly from the pc to the xbox, i thought it wouldnt be a problem seeing as i had the lappie working fine

Try setting up the Home network to see if that works. Theres a wizard in Network Connections.

• Advertisement

how do i get it to detect the 360 in the wizard?

Hmmm...I actually dont think its going to do anything anyway. It still wont affect Media Sharing in WMP. Scrap that idea.

Might be worth posting this over in the Windows forum. I did a search on Microsoft.com and there was nothing about it.

i cant find any windows media player forums

Just the Windows forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I have found it very useful when stuck before.

cheers bud, what time will be be doing halo tonight?

I will be on from about 8. Nevaeh usualy comes on around the same time so will try to get going then if thats good with you?

I will be on from about 8. Nevaeh usualy comes on around the same time so will try to get going then if thats good with you?

yeah thats grand just msg me about 20 mins before we starting so i can finish up whatever im doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

PM's Lads,PM's^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Im using a 1G Memory Stick formatted to FAT 32 via the XCM 'XBOX 360 High Speed Air Cooler'.

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/360-hsc

I have one .avi file that plays perfectly 100% of the time but a number of others that have a 50/50 chance of starting. If the particular file doesnt start i have to exit and restart the 100% file and then restart the dodgy one and then it will play.

But then after a few minutes the video and audio loose sync with one another (which is impossible to watch).

Anyone have any ideas why this is so??

Just to update on my previous problem:
    I deleted the 360's HD cache:

Go to the system blade and then select memory.
    Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

Performing this function will also clear any software updates.

So after this delete i re-downloaded the codecs and all seems be syncing properly now.
    PS. Nice one Microsoft on making the move to codecs support :D

Althought should we really be thanking the likes of TVeristy, Orb and so on for pointing out to MS the mass public interest in this area :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

haha hows it goin? i dont know what version it is but i checked for updates and it said i have the latest version installed, have the same one on me laptop and the media sharing option shows up no problem, gettin a bit pissed of with it!
    Do you have File and Printer sharing enabled on your PC?

Advertisement