Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DivX/ Xvid Support for 360

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Will try that tomorrow. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ..why couldn't they include the codecs needed for divx, xvid playback.
    Took my elite to a mate's house, also have to take my dell 2407 as i don't have a vga cable and his monitor doesn't have component. Updated it, brought it home and tried to play divx files...oh great u need to download this codec...goddamnit...knew i should have tested it above at his house :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Christ..why couldn't they include the codecs needed for divx, xvid playback.
    Took my elite to a mate's house, also have to take my dell 2407 as i don't have a vga cable and his monitor doesn't have component. Updated it, brought it home and tried to play divx files...oh great u need to download this codec...goddamnit...knew i should have tested it above at his house :mad:

I know, I was thinking the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

just a quick question dose the media centre software now support divx or is it just WMP11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

WellyJ wrote: »
    Macdrive,

A great little program that lets me read and write to the drive with XP.

Doesn't work with 64 bit OS's though, just a heads up!

If I install MacDrive can I format a HDD to HFS ?

So teh 360 can read these. Is HFS like Fat32 but without the size limitations ?

Can you watch HD WMV files from DVDs, or Mixed Media Disks as the 360 calls them :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

brianon wrote: »
    If I install MacDrive can I format a HDD to HFS ?

So teh 360 can read these. Is HFS like Fat32 but without the size limitations ?

Can you watch HD WMV files from DVDs, or Mixed Media Disks as the 360 calls them :) ?

Yes and Yes.

MacDrive will format the drive to HFS,

HFS does not have the 4GB file size limitation.

You can throw HD WMV onto DVDR or DL-DVDR and play straight from the disc.

So yes to everything you asked :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

WellyJ wrote: »
    Yes and Yes.

MacDrive will format the drive to HFS,

HFS does not have the 4GB file size limitation.

You can throw HD WMV onto DVDR or DL-DVDR and play straight from the disc.

So yes to everything you asked :p

Cheers for that :)

All the divx/ hd wmv support is great for us. I can understand MS adding divx support but to add HD WMV support also?

Do they WANT the HD DVD to fail or what ? I mean, their HD DVD add-on is a cheap option but now you can pretty much just donwload these HD DVD releases and play through your HDD or DVDs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

brianon wrote: »
    Cheers for that :)

All the divx/ hd wmv support is great for us. I can understand MS adding divx support but to add HD WMV support also?

Do they WANT the HD DVD to fail or what ? I mean, their HD DVD add-on is a cheap option but now you can pretty much just donwload these HD DVD releases and play through your HDD or DVDs !

HD WMV support has been there since the launch of the console actually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

anyone having problems playing divx files via usb thumb drives
    i bought an 8gb one on ebay for 35 euros, the xbox sees the files but won't play them, although the same files play fine from my smaller thumb drive??

i'm puzzled,
    serves me right i guess for buying something cheap

was thinking of buying this WD 250gb passport drive
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/573242

anybody have any experience of this with the xbox
    don't want to waste more cash

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It should work fine as long as it's formatted to FAT32/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Should the update work fine if im using the divx player burner. Just draging the file over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Has anyone been able to update it from a CD. I downloaded this update and followed the instructions on the link that was provided and when i put the CD into the XBOX and rebooted it, only to get the message that the update failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Thread revival instead of posting a new one

Can anyone tell me why my 360 decides to play most avi files and not some? And i tried playing them while signed into live but still get the error message

status code 69-C00D36BE

And of course microsofts site says nothin when i search for this :rolleyes:

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try good old google instead, GAAman... lots out there.

Bottom line - its a codec issue. You will need to repack your AVI if you want to get it to play on your 360.

http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=571

I have no idea why i didnt think of that (looooong day brain farts allowed)

So basically if i convert them to divx they will play? Will give it a shot cheers mate

I'm guessing you'll be lost without some help, so I'll give you a tip... Download Mpeg4modifier from http://www.moitah.net and use it to repack your avi file (it takes 10 seconds). Remove the packed bitstream while you're at it (the option is visible on the main screen). Fixed it for me....

You'll need to install the .NET framework (linked on that site) first.

Lost me arsé divx converter worked a treat, as for the thing you linked,who said the file was an mpeg4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MPEG4 = DivX, GAAman.

basquille wrote: »
    MPEG4 = DivX, GAAman.

Yeah but the prob was that some avi files were not working, so when i converted them to divx the problem was solved

The link Mr E gave changed the format from mpeg4 which the files in question were not

Xvids are MPEG-4 files, GAAman... trust me.
    What is the XviD codec?

XviD is the name of a popular new video codec which is being developed as an open source project by volunteer programmers from all over the world. The codec is just like DivX based on the highly efficient MPEG-4 compression standard for video. The XviD format is still not as widely used as DivX, but as it's fully compliant with the same MPEG-4 standard XviD movies usually play in DVD players that support DivX. To download and install the codec, goto the XviD codec section.

I've fixed countless XVID files to work on my media player and xbox (without having to spend 20 minutes converting them to a different format - MPEG4Converter takes 10 second per file), so I know what I'm talking about.

Sheesh... this is what I get for trying to help. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm guessing you'll be lost without some help,

Pretty much seems like a dig to me however if i was wrong i do apologise

I came back on to say i had used the program you recommended again on another file that wasnt working on my 360 and it worked a treat just was weird that first file it claimed wasnt an mpeg4 file

Mpegerror.jpg

Nah it wasn't a dig. It was a misconception that you had the issue with this weeks episode of Lost (which is the first time I saw that error on the xbox) :)

Looks like my reference was a bit too subtle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

[OT]

I watched this week's episode on my XBOX and had no problem with it!

[/OT]

Mr E wrote: »
    Nah it wasn't a dig. It was a misconception that you had the issue with this weeks episode of Lost (which is the first time I saw that error on the xbox) :)

Looks like my reference was a bit too subtle!

Ha no i havent even started on series one yet (well thats a lie i started watchin it when it was out here first but cos of travelling etc i missed loads so have to catch up, been avoiding rte like hell since :D)

Oh and add another error to the collection, that program takes in a 681MB file and exports a 98.1MB file??

Advertisement