Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need advice on nature science, any one?????

Options
  • 30-11-2007 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

is there any thing that might be lying around the house which may keep a cut plant alive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I'm not sure what you mean?

a cutting from a plant? Depending on the species, putting it in water until roots grow and then potting to soil is sufficient.

If the stem has been partially broken - splinting it with bamboo or dowel can allow it to heal enough to keep alive.

If the stem is completely broken, then there may be little can be done, but taking a few cuttings from it (depending on the species) may allow you to regrow that plant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If this is a general gardening question, then there's a proper forum for it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116

If it's actually a plant biology question, can you be a little clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Obviously a question for the gardening forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Grand so - off it goes through the ether of Boards to a more appropriate forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

DrIndy wrote: »
    Grand so - off it goes through the ether of Boards to a more appropriate forum!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh :( byebye :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

didn't mean for my smilie to look evil, he was meant to be sad

Advertisement