Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apology

Options
  • 30-11-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i am sending an apology to every member of boards and the boards.ie admin, i have now read the charter and i am sorry for complying with the rules of this forum, i had attempted the xml project but of no avail, i will do this on my own and sorry for offending anyone, i would love to be able to still post questions here in the future??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

jonbalo wrote: »
    i am sorry for complying with the rules of this forum

:D
    jonbalo wrote: »
    i will do this on my own and sorry for offending anyone, i would love to be able to still post questions here in the future??

You don't have to do it on your own. Post up here what you have done and where you are getting stuck, then we will help you.

You see, we get a lot of chancers on here who want us to do homework for them, this is not going to happen. However, if you show us that you are genuine and have actually attempted something, then we will be only too glad to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I didn't get a chance to respond before the lock went in. You have just started your year. Normally the projects are done over the course of the year and each class should teach you each area of what you need to do. So don't panic as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I don't agree the class should not have to teach you the background to the project being undertaken. In some examples of projects this might be the case, where the topic is close to whats being taught in class, but in other examples its not. I have a few friends that done the IT Management degree in Carlow, they are full year projects so you have a good 7-8 months to complete it.

@jobalo: If you are expecting your class tutors to educate you in your project, then you are in the wrong course, fourth years don't get spoon-fed, if you aren't prepared to put in some research for your project, then you don't deserve to pass.

I'll echo what "tom dunne" said, we don't answer the "do my homework" questions on here. However if you have done work and show us what you've done and want suggestions on where to go, or why something fails to work when you think it should. It's the same across most message boards on the internet, there's very few places that don't have a "do my homework policy".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I should probably clarify as I have done a few grinds for people on Java and I've noticed a common theme. Normally they would be given the project and an end date. The actual material covered is over that time.

So as an example above it may be 1-2 months into the year that DTD is covered and would give enough information to complete that section of your project.

It wouldn't be handing you the project. Those that do (that I have seen) intentionally break the code or leave something out.

Advertisement