Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving away a tv

Options
  • 30-11-2007 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any charities in Galway that could benefit from a 25" CRT Tv. I'm getting a new one tomorrow, but this one is in good working condition and I'd hate to just chuck it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'll take it
    although whats CRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'll take it
    although whats CRT?

Cathode ray tube. Means its the old type of tv, that like a big cube, instead of a flat screen. I've one myself that I'll be replacing soon so would be interested in any replies to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

MattKid wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any charities in Galway that could benefit from a 25" CRT Tv. I'm getting a new one tomorrow, but this one is in good working condition and I'd hate to just chuck it.

If you don't manage to give it away then the shop you buy your new TV from will be obliged to take the old one and dispose of it if you ask them to. Under some law or... something.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

cornbb wrote: »
    If you don't manage to give it away then the shop you buy your new TV from will be obliged to take the old one and dispose of it if you ask them to. Under some law or... something.
    Yeah, its the WEEE Product Recycling fund, its why you pay that extra 50c/2euro on electronics now, the shop is obliged to do the job for you if you buy a TV there. I work in an Xtravision and got a free CRT TV from this, was only gonna get chucked (recycled), like you said.

Prefer to give it to someone on here though, spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Adverts.ie, or would SVP take it off your hands?

• Advertisement

All my tvs are CRT

I like em fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

il take it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

adverts.ie ftw

I asked first

Does it have a SCART slot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

St. Vincent de Paul

Give them a call and make someone's christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There is a brilliant yahoo group called Freecycle, it is international, with a local group in each area. You basically post 'offered' or 'wanted' stuff there, and stuff finds a good home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I asked first

Does it have a SCART slot?

It has 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Svp i think too

Advertisement