Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fog Light Gob****es

Options
  • 30-11-2007 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Why?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

in before lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Not Again
    BTW. Well done Stekelly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

*bangs head off wall and points to the charter*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

oh, a foglight thread.... wow. these are rare these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Give them a blast of the high beams. That'll teach 'em.

• Advertisement

Intersting discussion it has to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 blue diver

wear sunglasses:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Mmmm, fog lights you say, on you say :rolleyes:

Well I never, people these days......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Blast 'em back.. !

I hate foglights.
    Discuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Front fog lights, most offenders think it looks cool :rolleyes: Around Bray most offenders tend to be Micras, Almera's and of course BMW's.

rear fog lights offender's tend to be women who grip the steering wheel as close to their chests as possible, completely ignorant at to what the light on the dash or the switch is for.

Ive head foglights make Glanzas go faster

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heh, we agree OP, you are not alone!!
    That and fupping aimed up daylight power bulbs get my goat too.

LOT to be said for the Frenchie yellow headlights imho, my retinas always seem to survive yellow tourist headlights but not fupping dipshít paddy with his fupping xeons.

Ahh...got that rant out for another winter now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Those fuppers..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

How do I turn on my fog lights? Is there a switch? Can I turn them on irrespective of the fog sensor?

Not telling you..
    Were tring to discourage fog lights

crosstownk wrote: »
    How do I turn on my fog lights? Is there a switch? Can I turn them on irrespective of the fog sensor?

Please, please...don't go there

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Sorry i was just in shock today.

One of them nearly caused me to knock some eejit on a bike with no lights on today. Road was pitch dark. I barely saw the cyclist as i was coming to the corner. Next thing the fog light gobsh!te comes around the corner and blinds me. I had to practically stop on a main road because i couldnt see the cyclist anymore but knew he was there. Only saw him when i got within a foot of him. That was too close.
    The Mr Fog light Gobsh!te goes on his merry way not realizing he almost ruined 2 peoples lives.

I hate them.

We should flash them twice for "Gob" "Sh!te" i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MrVostro wrote: »
    The Mr Fog light Gobsh!te goes on his merry way not realizing he almost ruined 2 peoples lives
    "Sure me spot lights help make me more visible and safer on the roads" :rolleyes:

The Mr Fog light Gobsh!te goes on his merry way not realizing he almost ruined 2 peoples lives.

I hate them.

Fair play to ye.

Wish we had more drivers like you on the road with a bit of cop on.

I'm sending nerdy +'ve karma your way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

aaw crap - someone mentioned the F & L words! And right when everyone was just getting into the Christmas spirit! Now Christmas is ruined! What will I say to my two kids?
    Thanks! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm fairly new to driving. Only been driving for a few months, but lately Ive been driving in the dark or dim lit areas quite a bit.

I've often had cars drive past me or behind me with really bright lights. I just figured they were high beams and creatively cursed at them. Am I now to think that they are Fog Lights? Because I've come close to getting out of the car to ask the driver behind to turn down his lights. I can adjust the center mirror but my side mirrors just belt the light straight into my face. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

One of them nearly caused me to knock some eejit on a bike with no lights on today. Road was pitch dark. I barely saw the cyclist as i was coming to the corner. Next thing the fog light gobsh!te comes around the corner and blinds me. I had to practically stop on a main road because i couldnt see the cyclist anymore but knew he was there. Only saw him when i got within a foot of him. That was too close.

I hate them.

We should flash them twice for "Gob" "Sh!te" i think.

Without trying in the slightest to defend the inappropriate use of fog lights, surely the issue in this situation was the fact the cyclist had no lights rather than the car coming towards you had its fogs on???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm fairly new to driving. Only been driving for a few months, but lately Ive been driving in the dark or dim lit areas quite a bit.

I've often had cars drive past me or behind me with really bright lights. I just figured they were high beams and creatively cursed at them. Am I now to think that they are Fog Lights? Because I've come close to getting out of the car to ask the driver behind to turn down his lights. I can adjust the center mirror but my side mirrors just belt the light straight into my face. :mad:

This article might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting

Sounds to me like its there normal lights.. fog lights are below the bumper on the front and normally by the break light on the back. (Rough description)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Without trying in the slightest to defend the inappropriate use of fog lights, surely the issue in this situation was the fact the cyclist had no lights rather than the car coming towards you had its fogs on???

Agreed.

One thing that gets me about the whole "I hate ****ers with fog lights" is that it seems for some there very bright and others not that bright. I drive with them on at night to brigthen up dark roads with no lighting. Others do the same, and iv never found them to bother me in the slightest?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

FFS Sully you are one of them. :(
    Use full beams to light up dark roads, dipping when there is oncoming traffic.

Today there was a school bus with it's front fogs on (no fog today)
    He should have been going to school, not the children.

Don't get me started on the front fogs + parking lights I see many people using now.
    I just can't comprehend it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sully - fog lights light up the area right in front and to the left of the car. If you are dependant on them to get from A to B safely then there is something wrong with either you or your cars lights.

Oh I can manage fine without them, I just think it lights up the road that bit better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A guy in a Renault Kangoo last night had 2 big foglights on, and no other lights.

Incredible.

It's possible that they were the only lights on his Renault which still worked however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sully wrote: »
    I drive with them on at night to brigthen up dark roads with no lighting
    Perhaps you could explain this for the rest of us!

Fog lights are designed for use in heavy fog or falling snow. It is illegal to use them otherwise (on a public road).

Very heavy fog (which we rarely get) is very dis-orientating.

Fog lights are designed to illuminate the edge of the roadway so that, in very heavy fog, the motorist can crawl along at a very slow speed using the edge of the road way as a guide.

As they generally illuminate the edge of the roadway and are designed for very slow speeds, their use in normal driving is totally pointless. By the time something shows up in you foglight's field of vision, you will have run over it anyway, unless you are driving around at 10kph.

What then, is the point of using them in normal driving conditions?:confused:

What's worse than the motorist who uses foglights are those total muppets who use parking lights combined with foglights! Do they not realise how dangerous an illegal it is and how stupid and ridiculous they look! :rolleyes:

(I'm surprised this thread has survived the padlock for so long! :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement