Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fog Light Gob****es

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I use foglights ( front ) and high beams on badly lit roads, with the little nuance that I flick back to normal lights when there's oncoming traffic or a car ahead of me... . What annoys me even more is people driving with their rear foglight on completly oblivious to the fact that they're blinding people behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Sully wrote: »
    Sounds to me like its there normal lights.. fog lights are below the bumper on the front and normally by the break light on the back. (Rough description)

On Skoda Octavias (not sure about Fabias) the fog lights are built in to the main headlight assembly beside the main headlamp bulb and not underneath like most - so might look like someone with very bright dims if they're on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I use foglights ( front ) and high beams on badly lit roads, with the little nuance that I flick back to normal lights when there's oncoming traffic or a car ahead of me... . What annoys me even more is people driving with their rear foglight on completly oblivious to the fact that they're blinding people behind them

a rear fog light blinding people?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

chump wrote: »
    a rear fog light blinding people?

Not literally but yes, they are very bright (similar to someong drivign with their foot on the brake) and piercing on the eyesw, escpecially if you are behind the same car for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone know where I can get a replacement foglight for an 88-91 Civic/CRX (the yellow one the imports have)? I promise never to switch it on if you tell me (unless it's really foggy, of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flintash

i just blame irish system- muppets legally allowed to drive on public roads without even seeing Rules of the Roads ever in their life.
    And dont give a f*ck about full lights while tailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Without trying in the slightest to defend the inappropriate use of fog lights, surely the issue in this situation was the fact the cyclist had no lights rather than the car coming towards you had its fogs on???

Yes they were both in the wrong but Mr Fog Light Gobsh!te almost got someone killed because his fog lights "lit up the road better" along with the inside of my eyes, but didnt light up the back of the cyclist at all.

On this occasion i could see the other gobsh!te with no lights on his bike until the fog lights blinded me. Had he been killed it would have been down to me being blinded by the fog lights on.

Also, why would a thread asking for people to be conscious of safety on our roads be locked. I would think only the fog light gobsh!tes would want it locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Sully wrote: »
    Agreed.

One thing that gets me about the whole "I hate ****ers with fog lights" is that it seems for some there very bright and others not that bright. I drive with them on at night to brigthen up dark roads with no lighting. Others do the same, and iv never found them to bother me in the slightest?!

Perhaps you should either take off your sun glasses or get your eyes tested. My own opinion is that People only put on their fog lights because they think somehow that it makes them cool.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had some idiot behind me with his full beams on around 6pm yesterday on the merrion road. Starting flashing my rear fog to get him to realise. Nah, not a clue. Did this for around 5 minutes as he kept them on. Eventually I just left them on for the whole journey he was behind me. He blinds me, I blind him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flintash

antodeco wrote: »
    I had some idiot behind me with his full beams on around 6pm yesterday on the merrion road. Starting flashing my rear fog to get him to realise. Nah, not a clue. Did this for around 5 minutes as he kept them on. Eventually I just left them on for the whole journey he was behind me. He blinds me, I blind him! :D

You could let him overtake you, and then show him yours full lights- move little to right side, so blind through side mirror, as rear view mirror could be switched to dark mode. :)
    Thats the way i got lesson, while i was just little chicken behind wheel and forgot to turn full lights off.That fella after some time blinding me just took off as he was in much faster car.I wanted revenge , but...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

www.ilovefoglights.com

Anyone complaining probably has a base model without foglights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

colm_mcm wrote: »
    www.ilovefoglights.com

Anyone complaining probably has a base model without foglights.

And I'm sure anyone using them when they shouldn't be is trying to make up for their miniatureness in the manhood department (and if they're in a BMW with them on, it means they lost their twig in an accident).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

astrofool wrote: »
    And I'm sure anyone using them when they shouldn't be is trying to make up for their miniatureness in the manhood department (and if they're in a BMW with them on, it means they lost their twig in an accident).

....without generalising too much

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

astrofool wrote: »
    And I'm sure anyone using them when they shouldn't be is trying to make up for their miniatureness in the manhood department
    What about the ladeez? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What about the ladeez? :D
    Penis envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

kbannon wrote: »
    aaw crap - someone mentioned the F & L words! And right when everyone was just getting into the Christmas spirit! Now Christmas is ruined! What will I say to my two kids?
    Thanks! :mad:

You..................have children?

Ye Gods....::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

MrVostro wrote: »
    Sorry i was just in shock today.

One of them nearly caused me to knock some eejit on a bike with no lights on today. Road was pitch dark. I barely saw the cyclist as i was coming to the corner. Next thing the fog light gobsh!te comes around the corner and blinds me. I had to practically stop on a main road because i couldnt see the cyclist anymore but knew he was there. Only saw him when i got within a foot of him. That was too close.
    The Mr Fog light Gobsh!te goes on his merry way not realizing he almost ruined 2 peoples lives.

I hate them.

We should flash them twice for "Gob" "Sh!te" i think.
    Are you sure that you are not confusing fog lights with spotlights? Foglights have a low flat beam to light up the road and verges close to the car. Spotlights are the ones that turn night into day, but have a tendency to boil the fluid in the eyes of oncoming traffic - i.e. need to be wired only to high beam circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's it. Everybody got it off their chest. No more fog light threads until this time next year ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement