Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin with route logging ??

Options
  • 30-11-2007 9:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey all,

i use my car for work , and would like to know if there is a (preferably) garmin unit that i can switch on in the morning ,go to work and remove and dock with my laptop and download my route ( mileage mostly) to help with expenses claims and client billing ??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Been wondering the same thing. Until recently I had assumed there was a log of your journey which could be uploaded to a PC later - just like there was in my old GPS76 or eTrex models. However it SEEMS from what I can find that only the high end automotive Garmins (6xx, 7xx) have a Trip Log, or Track Log - despite the buckets of memory the average model now has. You can key in Points of Interest OK, which is what I want to do when I find a good camping spot for my van, but I also want to be able to have the route I took to get there logged so I can find my way back again, or let someone else know about it. Some of the spots we end up in will never ( I hope!) be travelled by Navteq surveyers.
    Track Log might be more standard on TomTom or one of the others?
    If any of the very knowledgeable folks on this board know for sure I'd appreciate your responses.
    Thanks, db

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They are re-introducing this functionality into their newer products (after abandoning it in previous versions). The 7xx range do breadcrumb trails, etc..

Also the older GPS receivers have this functionality.. Or you could get a Zumo, which is a receiver aimed at the motorcycle market but will work just fine in a car (550 comes with a car kit).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

update :

the nuvi 710 will do route logging , and comes with the new (2008) maps.

Advertisement