Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Newspapers

• 30-11-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Would 1963 Newspapers be worth anything to anyone? I have some copies of Irish Press and The Independant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I had a load of news papers from the late thirtys and like yourself thought they were worth something. I rang aronud and was told 'no theyd all be on file with the newspaper suppliers but if i found someone with a birth date of the paper or if the banner headline was breaking news then maybe' .....id say your best bet would be if a pub wanted them for wall hangings ive seen a few pubs with them mounted in their toilets ....makes for good reading while your watering the flowerrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

WindSock wrote: »
    Would 1963 Newspapers be worth anything to anyone? I have some copies of Irish Press and The Independant.
    Do you have the vist of JFK from 1963 in any of those nespapers OP ? I have framed the original daily mirror from 23 nov 1963 with headline ' jfk assassinated ' .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Also try selling them on ebay. You might find someone interested in them if you advertise to a wider audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ebay is what i had in mind to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

latchyco wrote: »
    Do you have the vist of JFK from 1963 in any of those nespapers OP ? I have framed the original daily mirror from 23 nov 1963 with headline ' jfk assassinated ' .

No, that would definatley be a keeper though. The only interesting one has DeValera on the front at the abbey theatre. I may try eBay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement