Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2007 Tna Wrestling Year-end Awards

• 30-11-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Next week, TNAwrestling.com will open the voting for our annual Year-End Awards, held each year since 2003 on our website. The nominees for the 2007 awards are listed below. Check back to TNAwrestling.com next week to cast your vote! TNA will announce the results in January along with several award presentations to air on “iMPACT!”.

Please note: Once the voting begins, only one round of voting will be registered for each individual IP computer address. Once you have voted, additional voting rounds will not be counted.

FINISHER OF THE YEAR:
    The Olympic Slam – Kurt Angle
    Black Hole Slam – Abyss
    Gringo Killer – Homicide
    Border Toss – Hernandez
    The Gore – Rhino
    The Payoff – Robert Roode
    3D – Team 3D
    Muscle Buster/Clutch – Samoa Joe
    Scorpion Deathdrop/Deathlock – Sting
    Lethal Combination / Elbow Drop – “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal
    Flux Capacitor – Kaz
    Styles Clash – AJ Styles

KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR:
    Gail Kim
    Christy Hemme
    Ms. Brooks
    Karen Angle
    Jackie Moore
    Roxxi Laveaux
    Awesome Kong

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR:
    Team 3D
    Voodoo Kin Mafia
    Motor City Machineguns
    Latin American Xchange
    AJ Styles and Tomko
    Steiner Brothers
    Team Pacman
    XXX

MOST INSPIRATIONAL SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR:
    Sting
    Abyss
    Gail Kim
    Scott Steiner
    Kaz
    Eric Young
    Jeff Jarrett

X DIVISION SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR:
    Alex Shelley
    Chris Sabin
    “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal
    Kaz
    Shark Boy
    “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt
    Johnny Devine
    “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels
    Petey Williams
    Senshi

MEMORABLE MOMENT OF THE YEAR:
    Road Warrior Animal teams with Rick Steiner (Slammiversary)
    “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal upsets Kurt Angle (No Surrender)
    Gail Kim becomes the first Women’s Champion (Bound For Glory)
    Jeff Jarrett is revealed as Eric Young’s friend (Impact)
    Booker T and Sharmell come to TNA Wrestling (Genesis)
    Sting regains the World Championship (Bound For Glory)
    Kurt Angle wins King Of The Mountain (Slammiversary)
    Adam “Pacman” Jones signs with TNA Wrestling
    Kurt Angle wins every TNA Championship (Hard Justice)

WHO TO WATCH IN 2008:
    Matt Morgan
    Awesome Kong
    Booker T
    Kaz
    Judas Messias
    Black Reign
    Rellik
    Roxxi Laveaux
    Sharmell
    ODB
    Velvet Sky
    Angelina Love

FEUD OF THE YEAR:
    Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle
    Sting vs. Kurt Angle
    Team 3D vs. The Steiner Brothers
    “Wildcat” Chris Harris vs. “Cowboy” James Storm
    Team 3D vs. The X Division
    Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe
    Robert Roode vs. Eric Young
    Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3D
    Rhino vs. “Cowboy” James Storm

MATCH OF THE YEAR:
    Sting vs. Kurt Angle (Bound For Glory)
    Ultimate X – LAX vs. XXX (Bound For Glory)
    Kurt Angle vs. Rhino vs. Christian Cage (Impact)
    Ironman: Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe (Final Resolution)
    Elevation X: Rhino vs. AJ Styles (Destination X)
    Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe (Destination X)
    Texas Death Match: Chris Harris vs. James Storm (Sacrifice)
    King Of The Mountain: (Slammiversary)
    All Or Nothing: Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe (Hard Justice)
    Ladder Match: Kaz vs. Christian Cage (Genesis)
    Kurt Angle vs. “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal (No Surrender)
    Tables Match: Team 3D vs. The Steiner Brothers (Bound For Glory)

TNA “MVP” OF 2007:
    Kurt Angle
    Sting
    Christian Cage
    Samoa Joe
    Abyss
    AJ Styles
    Gail Kim
    “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal

What do we think, Lethal for MVP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What do we think, Lethal for MVP.

He'd be my pick for most retarded and drawn out gimmick of 2007.

Take a look at their 'Memorable Moments' category and you see why TNA is as second rate as it is. Desperate stuff involving ex-WWE guys and a supposed sports 'star'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

FINISHER OF THE YEAR:

Flux Capacitor – Kaz

KNOCKOUT OF THE YEAR:

Gail Kim

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR:

Team 3D
    There not past it yet and they certainly know how to get heat

Gail Kim

X DIVISION SUPERSTAR OF THE YEAR:

Alex Shelley

Senshi

MEMORABLE MOMENT OF THE YEAR:

“Black Machismo” Jay Lethal upsets Kurt Angle (No Surrender)

WHO TO WATCH IN 2008:

Judas Messias
    this guy looks the part and has yet to show what he can do in the ring

FEUD OF THE YEAR:

Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe

MATCH OF THE YEAR:

Texas Death Match: Chris Harris vs. James Storm (Sacrifice)

TNA “MVP” OF 2007:

Christian Cage
    Has to be Cage, the best in the business today if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He'd be my pick for most retarded and drawn out gimmick of 2007.

Take a look at their 'Memorable Moments' category and you see why TNA is as second rate as it is. Desperate stuff involving ex-WWE guys and a supposed sports 'star'.

Yeah, the Memorable Moments is pretty pathetic.

The One to Watch in 2008 is equally laughable. It just shows how poorly they've built for the future when they're forced to name like half their women's roster for the lack of any fresh talent, as well as Booker T's missus who's nothing more than a valet. This is what happens when you push Scott Hall to the top of your card.

Those awards are a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Sting
    Abyss
    Gail Kim
    Scott Steiner
    Kaz
    Eric Young
    Jeff Jarrett

wtf where is joe, christen, cowboy james storm or aj. The only 'star' on this worth voting for is eric young

flahavaj wrote: »
    This is what happens when you push Scott Hall to the top of your card.

Yep and to make matters worse he no showed their PPV! :D From reading Dave Meltzer's recap of the show it looks like it was one disaster of a show. Here's some snippets:
    "They were teasing Scott Hall not being there. Kevin Nash talked about how the only reason he hung around with Kurt was he thought he could get a shot at Karen. Well, that would make sense--except when Kurt sent Karen to sleep with Nash, he turned her down saying he may have done it ten years ago but not now."

"Christian and Kurt Angle argued and couldn't get along because both want to be boss. Then Christian told Roode to follow his lead, kid. After Christian left, Roode called him an asshole. Ms. Brooks said "Takes one to know one." We've got the same angle being worked in both main events of partners that aren't getting along."

"Feast or Fired match is next. How's this for a swerve? You pay $29.95 for a PPV and they tell you go have to watch Impact on Monday to find out what happened. This was a a Battle Royal, except nobody can get eliminated. Guys were going over the top and it didn't count. In the end, Scott Steiner, Senshi, Petey Williams and B.G. James all got cases. However, the contents aren't revealed until tomorrow's tapings. Pretty much a waste of time."

"A.J. Styles wanted to quit Angle's team because A.J. said he can't function without Christian. Angle said does Christian need to hold his jock. Styles said he's never held Christian's jock. Tomko then reminded Styhles of this time in the locker room. Karen & Tomko think they can turn Joe on Hall & Nash. Kurt said he'll talk to Joe. So now we have the same angle on three teams in two main events."

"Rellik & Black Reign vs. Abyss & mystery partner. They announced Rhino was injured but that Abyss had a new partner. Reign in his interview gave away Raven was the mystery partner. So much for the mystery. Reign did a promo saying, "I don't like spiders and snakes, but that ain't what it takes to love me, like I wanna be loved by you." Yes, JBL is booking the company writing Michael Hayes' interviews while thinking it's still 1975."

"Joe pinned Tomko with a muscle buster. Nash walked out on Joe. Totally lackluster main event."

There was a thread up on this forum before featuring funny quotes from Dave Meltzer about WCW shows. Stuff about them having a tiger on premises and no one knowing why, storylines that just made no sense etc. From reading his thoughts on TNA it's getting to be exactly the same thing. The one thing TNA had going for them was that their PPVs would be free from the usual bullsh*t but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

The company is doomed unless they cut out this crap. I bet those in the States who forked out for this PPV are kicking themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was listening to Wrestling Observer Live for the first two hours of the PPV, but I was keeping an eye on the show at the same time. In fairness it wasn't any worse than your usual TNA PPV, there were some decent matches.
    Mainly the tables match and the women's title match. Joe's "shoot" made no sense to me though. I take it that Hall legit no-showed, but it still came across to me as TNA putting down the guys who they willingly push, almost as if the bookers were saying "hey, it's not our fault the old guys are at the top of the card"
    The company is doomed unless they cut out this crap. I bet those in the States who forked out for this PPV are kicking themselves.

I doubt it. It's the same people buying the PPVs every month, if they put up with the other stuff that TNA put out this year then they'll be happy enough with this
    The one thing TNA had going for them was that their PPVs would be free from the usual bullsh*t but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

There's been stupid stuff on their PPVs all year, a lot of it more stupid than what went on tonight. I was thinking back to Turning Point of last year, I can still remember how I enjoyed it so much and how I came on here to write all about it. Things were really looking up for TNA back then, and WWE had been putting on some bad shows. Then WWE really picked it up and TNA gradually got worse

Fozzy wrote: »
    I doubt it. It's the same people buying the PPVs every month, if they put up with the other stuff that TNA put out this year then they'll be happy enough with this

You're probably right. Sadly those loyal fans are hurting the product by putting up with it.

According to Meltzer the reason Hall no showed was...
    He called TNA and claimed food poisoning.

Hmm those pizzas aren't as clean as they used to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

ah its probably a good thing anyway..seen a bit on youtube...hall looked horrible in the ring.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real831

Damn I hate to see Hall end up like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Real831 wrote: »
    Damn I hate to see Hall end up like that

End up like what? He's no-showed events before, but he seemed to have gotten himself into shape recently. I'd say he's doing better now than a couple of years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement