Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for a new sticky

Options
  • 30-11-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Prompted by Mattkids post about a tv, and my own a few weeks ago about a printer, should we have a sticky where people post things they're giving away for free, and then edit/delete the posts when the item finds a new home.

I do realise that adverts.ie is available, but the items I refer to are freebies, and not everyone uses adverts!

Just a thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Fey! wrote: »
    Prompted by Mattkids post about a tv, and my own a few weeks ago about a printer, should we have a sticky where people post things they're giving away for free, and then edit/delete the posts when the item finds a new home.

I do realise that adverts.ie is available, but the items I refer to are freebies, and not everyone uses adverts!

Just a thought.

Don't think you'll have much of a chance, Adverts.ie has the Free Stuff section where you can search for/give away stuff by county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

My point was that not all of us think to check adverts.ie, so having a small section here may be more useful. I know I didn't when I was shifting the printer.

It could be the Galway Board Recycling Program!!!

It was just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

But you did say;
    but the items I refer to are freebies
    and there is a freebie section on Adverts.
    My point was that not all of us think to check adverts.ie.

Shame though, since the link is on this very website's homepage ;)

Advertisement