Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappies for swimming

Options
  • 30-11-2007 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, I was wondering if it was possible to get nappies for the pool for my daughter. She is only three months but my gf and I would love to started with some swimming. If anybody knows anywhere in the Clare/Limerick area it would be great. I have tried all supermarket chains with no success Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Try sports shops. There are washable swimming nappies available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi killwill,

I was bringing my daughter swimming when she was 4 months old. I just put the smallest size of Huggies Little Swimmers on her - they were a bit large on her initially but the issue of leakage was sort of nullified once we put her swimming costume on over the nappy - the elastic around the leg holes of the swimming costume actually helped with containing the nappy until she pudged out a bit in the thighs and bum areas (she never ever had a poo'ey nappy though when swimming). I prefer the idea of disposable swim nappies to washable, reusable ones as I think the chlorine in the pool water would be very unkind to the fabric of a reusable nappy, particularly if you are bringing her swimming once a week or so, then washing it, swimming, washing etc.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Cheers for the info. I personally would rather disposables but can't find the little swimmers anywhere in Limerick. It's a joke. I will try a few sports shops tomorrow and see if they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Killwill

Check out the pool you are hoping to swim in as these places tend to have the little swimmers available. The are a bit more pricey but would do to get you started and would also know where you would be able to get them for retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

killwill wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. I personally would rather disposables but can't find the little swimmers anywhere in Limerick. It's a joke. I will try a few sports shops tomorrow and see if they are there

Hi killwill,

I get the Little Swimmers nappies in any supermarket. Last place I got them was SuperValu, but I've gotten them in Tesco and Dunnes before. They would be in the general nappy section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I tried several supermarkets for little swimmers and didn't find any (perhaps not stocked in smaller branches) Finally got them in Boots.

Re: washable / reusable nappies. I seem to recall that the local pool wouldn't allow them. Huggies 'little swimmers' were the only acceptable option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

you can buy huggies online...

Advertisement