Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile companies blocking calls

• 30-11-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭

is this possible?

I rang a few times today over an issue I had , was pleasant on all accounts and got the matter sorted.

anyhow have just discovered some discrepancies with my bill and every time I ring it says your are now being transferred to a customer care agent the phone hangs up, same from my house phone when i enter my mobile number.

So i tried it with my girlfriends mobile number and i got straight through.

anyone got any ideas what's going on there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

Is this company Vodafone by any chance?

The same happened me and I rang from my Meteor phone.

I remained calm, asked the young man his name and the name of his suprevisor. I said I had a very serious complaint to make.

After some discussion I was put through to the supervisor.

The matter was resolved very well.

When you are dealing with this issue, keep calm and talk facts.

If you are not sure about a certain matter don't lie, just say "I'm not sure".

If you are sure say "I have a note that this happened".

I don't think organizational discipline is very strong in Vodafone. They have quite a few good points, but I don't get a feeling of commitment or seriousness from their team. They seem loyal to each other and not you.

Meteor on the other hand are a mixed bag. Some of their reps are very supercilious but this is made up for because when you follow up an event their colleague will honestly report the previous person's failings and make a double effort to resolve your issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's actually meteor this time. I'm going to try them after and if they won't let me through I'll say I'm not a meteor customer and see where I go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it's actually meteor this time. I'm going to try them after and if they won't let me through I'll say I'm not a meteor customer and see where I go from there.

i always do that when i call them because they always used to ask me my number even though i'd just typed it in. and they still ask me my number even though i've selected the option for "not a meteor customer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

i always do that when i call them because they always used to ask me my number even though i'd just typed it in. and they still ask me my number even though i've selected the option for "not a meteor customer"

handy to know they havent a clue..

Advertisement