Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M56 engine touch or not touch?

Options
  • 01-12-2007 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last time I went to BMW to do a check on my car, the mechanic and lead mechanic told me they never saw a M56 engine, which scared me a bit lol.
    But well I understand this is for US market.

So tonight my car is up for Inspection 1 in 300 miles, and I am wondering, "Hum will they actually do it because they are not trained on this engine?"

Surely if I give them a call on Monday they will answer me.

But I know there are some people working at BMW down here.

What do you think guys?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Try the BMW Car Club, which covers here and the UK, Bavarian Board or BMW forum, personally, I've never heard of an M56, I always thought US E46's used either the M52(pre 01, 323i, 328i) or M54(01-05, 325i, 330i).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Alright thanks for the links buddy.
    I will give a call to bimmer tomorrow morning, we shall see.

Advertisement