Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull and cold.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm in Frankfurt, Germany. Temp currently -1.1 @ 21:45, not particularly cold really...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

1.3c now, clear calm night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Todays max was 4.3°C which is the lowest daily max since June when my station was set up . Currently 1.4°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

-0.2c now.

• Advertisement

Skys clearing a bit here, down to 0.6°C , could be an air frost here too at this rate.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Up and down.
    I think it'll dip into air frost at some stage tonight. Been down to 1.5C, currently 2.8C and rising, near total cloud cover.

Its clear here, may be a local small hole in the cloud if you're cloudy there Mothman.
    Temp just hit -0.1°C and still clear so probably a little further to go before the hole closes.

3.3C now. Moon in your direction LD is obscured. I can see couple stars to SE, but otherwise looks cloudy, but not thick cloud.

The little breeze I have is northerly, which is a maritme breeze for me, so if that keeps up, it'll prevent an air frost.

3.4C...

Now -0.3°C, very steady fall, not the usual, down a bit, then up a bit, then down again, its just down.
    Anyhow, off to the leaba now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Lol,mild at 5.8c
    Kinda acclimatised now to these temps,a month ago and these temps were bitter.
    Total overcast with a stiff easterly breeze and no breaks.
    Forget snow,id like a frost.[insert]massive rolleyes smiley[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

2.7 and falling here in south Laois. Bitterly cold out and overcast.

-1.5c here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

2C outside.... still a VERY mild December, only 3 frosts so far this month I think. No sign of anything properly cold till January.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

-4c, another hard frost (3rd night in a row) with the frost in the shade not melting

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just gone below freezing here in the last half hour. Currently -0.2c

-1.8c in Roundwood ATM.

arctictree wrote: »
    -1.8c in Roundwood ATM.

And down near coast, I'm seeing below -3C.

I was expecting an air frost, but not this low. It wsa 4C at 1am, so an impressive drop.

The garden lake (big pond/small lake) is frozen over for first time this winter.

The air is so still, it doesn't feel that cold out there. A little hazz, but that should clear once sun gets up.

AWS -3.3C, probably reading a little low as it is lower down than the screen. I'll be doing the screen reading in 10 minutes, and its likely to be below -3.0C which is below previous Dec low which was broken 2 days ago.

The sun is up, a glorious red disk. And a flat calm with smoke rising straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

nowhere near 0 on this side of the country.Minimmum i got yesterday evening was 3.7c. Currently 2.2c.

• Advertisement

9am reading, -2.5C, slightly northerly wind. AWS still reading -3.1C due its its slightly more sheltered positioning.

Official min -3.1C, grass min -8.4C.

The -2.5C will be tomorrows min if it doesn't get as low tonight. This is standard practice for a 9gmt to 9gmt met day.

Above zero now in the sunshine.
    Temp fell after 9am to -2.7C, so this will be tomorrow's min if it doesn't get as low tonight.

Hard frost here last night.
    Don't know what the min was as the batteries in the console died and I only replaced them just now.

The frost is still on the ground outside as is the ice.
    Currently 4.2c with a light NE developing in the sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunny, cold.

Mike.

I'm still in Germany (back later) but looks like a very cold day at home. 2.2c ATM with a low of -1.9 overnight. 4 air frosts so far this month.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Low of -2.2C this morning around 7:30, didn't drop below freezing until just after 4am.

Up now to 4.4C, slightly hazy with a light easterly breeze.

8C, calm with slight haze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Drove to dublin, 2am - 5am temp difference of about 5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

This morning the low was only -0.7c here. A beautiful day though- cannot see one cloud in the entire sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp really plumeting here now, down over 2C in the last hour, now at 2.9C.

Advertisement