Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

8.0C at 1530, now at 1630 its 1.0C
    Max of 9.0C

An air frost shortly.
    Its all down to what breeze arises, but could see below -4C tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Spoke too soon, has flatlined since my last post and is still at 2.9C! Slight breeze just picked up here in work about half a mile from the station at home so I'm guessing that's keeping it steady, was dead calm a while back.

I think scrap the idea of -4C

Dropped to zero, and then the east breeze kicked in and temp rose sharply, dewpoint even more so.

Breeze is strongest since 1am.

Currently 0.8C and rising. no clouds.

2.4C,
    It sure fluctuates quickly

3.9C at 1710
    It was -0.1C at 1650

And dewpoint which was below -2C is now +1C

• Advertisement

5.0C
    and considering that M2 bouy is reporting 8C, I should have seen it coming.

Wind seems to have died down here again, it was totally calm on my way home and temp dropping again, down to 2.1C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

2.6c here with a frost down! Feels sub zero out! Nice though, clear and calm.

5.7C, but since my last report, temp dived to 3.7C...

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

same trend here, temp has dropped dramaticly from 5c to 2.1c in the last 2 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like another rollercoaster temperature ride again this evening.
    Dropped briefly here to -0.1°C and now at 0.9°C with a light breeze but is clear overhead.
    At one end of my driveway its -1°C on the car, and the other its 1°C amazing difference over a relatively short area of land.
    Some favoured spots out of the wind could probably go quite low as the temp seems to plummet readily when the wind drops.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Snowbie you seem to be 4C higher than Dublin Airport which seems a big difference :-

EIDW 191830Z 11008KT 9999 FEW012 03/00 Q1035 NOSIG
    EIDW 191800Z 11008KT 9999 FEW012 03/01 Q1035 NOSIG
    EIDW 191730Z 09007KT 9999 FEW012 02/01 Q1035 NOSIG
    EIDW 191700Z 09006KT 9999 FEW012 03/01 Q1035 NOSIG
    EIDW 191630Z 09008KT 9999 FEW012 03/02 Q1035 NOSIG

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

-2c with freezing fog

Now 0.6c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

0.6 with frost atm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

OC in So Cal is overcast with on-and-off rain and about 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

@Longfield, wind has just died down and is falling now albeit slow,very blowy here untill recently.A light ESE wind now at 5mph.
    Had a ground frost last night with a low of 2.4c with all thermos in agreement.
    Very patchy in nature with none on the school run closer to the coast.

Wind died down here for the moment, currently -0.5°C

Hopefully the wind dies down a but more there Snowbie and you get a nice frosty start, us Wicklow heads have been spoiled the last few days with beautiful frosty mornings (if you like that kind of thing!)

Too right getting a bum deal here in the tropics.
    Going for my little excursion around the AP to see the difference in temp.
    I say the place at the back of the AP near the Boot Inn(also beside the new ATC tower) is the coldest being exposed to maximum radiating cooling.

6.5c atm here under clear skies and a 5-6mph ESE wind
    7.1c on Howth summit under the influence of the sea and onshore breeze.
    http://www.islandbawn.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Vancouver: Lashin rain for the last 36 hours. 6°c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

JæKæ wrote: »
    Vancouver: Lashin rain for the last 36 hours. 6°c
    Somethings never change! :)

Back up to 2c here now.

0.9c here now. fell fairly quickly since 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Temp has been fluctuating up and down here, now -1.2c

Snowbie wrote: »
    Too right getting a bum deal here in the tropics.
    Going for my little excursion around the AP to see the difference in temp.
    I say the place at the back of the AP near the Boot Inn(also beside the new ATC tower) is the coldest being exposed to maximum radiating cooling.

6.5c atm here under clear skies and a 5-6mph ESE wind
    7.1c on Howth summit under the influence of the sea and onshore breeze.
    http://www.islandbawn.com/
    Left my house and it was 6.4c
    The M1 over pass near the Coachmans Inn was 4.8c skies where clear and a gentle breeze.(3 miles inland from my house)
    The Boot Inn was down at 2.9c with a glaze of frost on the moonlit ground and dead calm.(5.8miles inland from my house)
    The main runway plane spotter's area(4 miles inland) was at 3.8c again calm but dry.

Drove back to the over pass just down the road from the coachmans and at 5.1c with a bit more of a breeze.
    Stopped at the top of the N32 and temp was 5.9c and a stronger breeze with more of a wind chill.(1.5 miles inland from my house)

When i got home it was 6.6c with a strong breeze.
    It was dead calm at the back of the airport and very chilly,as i got closer to home there was more of a breeze not much stronger than when i left though.

Nice investigation Snowbie, interesting to experience and from the sounds to get an explanation for the local variences.

I must take a drive to Ashford one of these nights when Mothman is about 3+°C cooler than me and try and understand it like that.

Breeze has picked up here in the last 20 mins and temp has risen sharply from 0.5C up to 2.3C

@Snowbie: I always noticed it getting warmer and windier when I used to be heading home along the M50 on the bike on days like today. Nice to put some figures on the differences, as I said before I never realised you could have such large variances over a short distance.

3.1c at the moment.

Yep lads it was interesting,something i had to find out for myself.
    Because of the east wind direction is keeping me that bit milder near the coast and a certain heat island,i had to compare nearly a 4c to 6c difference which i thought was extreme.

Surprisingly enough the back of the AP was virtually dead calm and could see why the temp plummets under these conditions and also the AP elevation and distance from the coast helping too.

Now all that is true of an east wind,its the north wind or north west that i really want to try this out to get the actual comparison(this is where i get my lowest temps from).
    Will take another trip up there for sure in those N or NW winds and after tonights excursion being that bit different(east wind), the temps should be closer around the AP with me being about 1c milder cause of my lower elevation,UHI and adjacent to the sea,thats how i recall it in past measurements to the AP.

• Advertisement

boo, shot up to 2.5c now from 0.8c in the last 2 hrs!

Advertisement