Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Wind has strengthened duirng evening and temp has stabilised around 6C

Interesting journey Snowbie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mothman wrote: »
    Wind has strengthened duirng evening and temp has stabilised around 6C

Interesting journey Snowbie
    Ditto,temp between 5.6c and 6c over the last 2hrs.Gone overcast now.

Yeah MM my first stop is only 12-15mins from my house.Very localised temp variations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Now up to 4.1c :rolleyes:

After intitial drop to -0.1C and rise to above 6C, the min was +1.2C at 6am.

Currently 2.1C with a red cloudy sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Low overnight of -1.9C around 5:40am, but was back above freezing by 6:30am.

5.5C here now, cloudy with a light south easterly breeze.

• Advertisement

8.4c now with a light SE wind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cloud starting to clear here and temp dropping. Currently 1.8c. I wonder if we will see an air frost tonight - its not forecast....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tis mighty cold in that breeze here, temperatures are likely to get down to near -1c in some places tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Down to 2.4°C here, think I found out why my temp drop isnt linear on still nights recently - rechargeable fan batteries are flat - fan not moving, going to new batteries this weekend and fully charge them manually.

Likely to be sharp frost tonight in the favoured spots for sure.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

arctictree wrote: »
    I wonder if we will see an air frost tonight - its not forecast....

A

Whose not forecasting this.

Already been below 1C, though up a little from that at moment.
    Dewpoint -1C

Max 9.0C, same as yesterday. Fantastic cloudscape today. Hardly any sunhine, though it was sunny all day about 10miles miles south. Perhaps Black Briar can confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

High today of 8.4C, falling away fast here now though under completely clear skies. Now down to 2.9C with a nice frost building up on the cars.

Hope the frost lasts til the morning tomorrow, I missed the lovely white landscape driving to work today. Outsite everythig is nice and sparkly already, the pool that supplies water to me is frozen over too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Well below zero now.
    Currently -0.4C
    Dewpoint -2C

Mothman what's the most consecutive days with air frosts you've had do you know?

It looks like tomorrow will be the fifth day in a row with an air frost for me. This must be pretty rare? (at least for December).

4.7c here, still a bit to go before I get a visit from Jack Frost.

Longfield wrote: »
    Mothman what's the most consecutive days with air frosts you've had do you know?

7 3rd-9th Feb 2007
    Before that, 5 days on numerous occassions inc Dec 2000.

Note that these are from 9gmt to 9gmt figures, and so if it is sub zero at 9am, then the nest day will officially record an air frost. This happened on the 8th Feb. The 9am temp was -1.6C, but the following night stayed above zero, but the min for the 24hrs to 9gmt was of course the -1.6C 24 hrs earlier.

Currently -1.4C

-1.5c here ATM. Fifth air frost this month. Very chilly out there!!

A

-2.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I seems milder than last night here.

Mike.

At this rate Mothman your going to be in December record braking temperature territory soon.
    Currently a good bit milder here at -1.0°C
    Looking at the forecast the 7 days in a row could be challenged this weekend.

• Advertisement

At least i'll save on my heating bill.

Wind 12-15mph from the SE.

I see the AP is rounded at 5c while i am 6.7c
    I think the airport is under the influence from the wind too for now.

Bottomed out at -2.7C, up to -2.3C

My prediction of -4C last night maybe was a night too early.

Now calm, last puff of wind was from west. Note my anemometer is 10m up in centre of field.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Just dipped below freezing here, -0.1C at the moment, DP of -2.4C, slight SE breeze, 5km/h or so.

Slow and steady as she goes , currently -1.7°C here. If the air stays still and the cloud doesnt roll in could possibly beat my -3.1°C from November tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Longfield wrote: »
    Slow and steady as she goes , currently -1.7°C here. If the air stays still and the cloud doesnt roll in could possibly beat my -3.1°C from November tonight.

Same here, slow and steady, down to 0.4C now and there's a nice frost on everything.

-2.2c here now. Looks like these cold frosty nights are coming to an end soon and we're back to mild, wet and windy....

A

-3.2c

Mothman wrote: »
    -3.2c

Just looked at your website. Looks like you matched your December record - again!

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    Just looked at your website. Looks like you matched your December record - again!

I should well beat it tonight though with 10 hours to go.

Now -3.4C

Advertisement