Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

-3.7C

-5C looks on now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mothman wrote: »
    -3.7C

-5C looks on now...
    That is something else.Is it flat calm there MM?
    Still have a strong breeze here and temp is still +6c.
    The wind a SSE so the heat of the city is blowing over me now.The AP is what i expect when it experience's a wind from this direction at 5c.

Its chilly in the wind but is defo not cold out.

Very occassional puff at 10m, but at screen height, flat calm since 8pm.

-3.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Had a breeze here for the last hour or so and the temp shot back up to 3.9C. It seems to have subsided again now though and the temp is now plummeting yet again, now back down to 2.9C

-4.1C

This has entered my lowest 10 temps on record.

• Advertisement

Did a quick run to the screen. A very heavy frost and so so chilly.
    Grass temp -9.5C
    Screen min -4.0C, perhaps -4.1C

The torch reflects a bit in the thermometer to see exactly.

Both grass and air enter lowest 10, and both are record low for December.

AWS min -4.2C, up to -4.0C ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It was 0.6c about 20 mins back, now its 1.8c! :rolleyes: There's a light frost down.

Hovering between -4.0 & -4.2C

Arkow Bypass -2.8C

Jeese MM thats low.Makes me want to drive down there and roll around in your frost just to see whats its like:D :o.

You got to be the coldest in the nation.
    My coldest ever(AWS) was -3.4c, tis the best proper cold crystal air you can get,maybe one day.......:rolleyes:

ahem 5.6c here,lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Dropping fast here again now too, down to -3.1C, DP -5.3C.

And I wouldn't like to be standing at the bottom of the field where it is always much colder.

Sticking at -4C
    Little puffs of wind from west.

Arklow bypass -3.2C and practically calm there as well.

nemonoid wrote: »
    Dropping fast here again now too, down to -3.1C, DP -5.3C.

There was a sharp drop at Casement between 11pm and midnight. From 3C to -1.5C

Any poor fish in your pond? I'd say thats completly frozen over now i guess.

Breeze not as strong and from a more southerly direction now.Gusting up to 12mph now and again.Me at 5.5c,AP at 5c while casement subzero at -1c at 0Z

Swans flew in yesterday morning. They'll be struggling in morning. Pond is plenty deep for the aquatic life.
    Still hovering between -4.0 and -4.2C
    Not usually so constant.

Up in the hills, Artictree has seen -3.3C and Longfield was -2.5C at midnight.

Yeah was looking at your graphs.Temp constant alright.
    Also see there is no depreciation between your air temp and dewpoint.Have you got fog or mist there atm.Otherwise you have a deep cold pool over you.

No fog,
    The humidity readings are a bit suspect at times. It makes jumps to 100% and then stays stuck at that well into morning. It is overdue for a clean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Temp 2.1c here and DP of 0.7c, odd, seems at this time for the last few nights my temps start to rise! :rolleyes:

Yep i seen the humidity at 100% but your air temp and dews are the same which usually indicates fog most of the time but in your case its indicating a cold pool close to your ground level which is probably true.

A cleaning of the hygrometer will probably giving you even lower dews still if it does need a cleaning,it looks as if its accurate in your measurements atm indicating the cold pool of air though.Fascinating stuff.

• Advertisement

-3.7C
    Better get to bed to be up in time to replace the warm glass ball into the campbell stokes. I can loose quite a bit of sunhine recording to due the frost on the instrument.

Good nite mate while my temp is starting to fall as the winds drop off light.
    AWS at 5.2c while i turn to my screened in lighter wind conditions and that is falling quite quick now at 4.4c.Both where coinciding a half hour ago.

Still falling here, though more slowly now, down to -3.7C, DP -5.6C.

If anyone is interested my site is here, must get around to finishing it one of these days! My graphs have a little trouble when temps get negitave!

nemonoid -3.7c
    Mothman -3.7c
    Arctictree -3.1
    Longfield -2.5c
    Arklow 0.1c
    Trogdor 2.1c
    Snowbie 4.4c using screened
    Airport 4c

nemonoid wrote: »
    Still falling here, though more slowly now, down to -3.7C, DP -5.6C.

If anyone is interested my site is here, must get around to finishing it one of these days! My graphs have a little trouble when temps get negitave!
    I'll add your site to the rest of them mate on there weather station thread.Low temps there too.

Down to -5C now here now, Casement reading -4C with the Airport at +4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Ok, I don't know if it's accurate but my thermo is at -6.9c this morning and briefly hit -7.0c which is the lowest for me this year. If someone else is recording -5 in saggart then i suppose it's possible seeing as i'm in the countryside. Did met eireann forecast such temps?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Whoaaah! -3.4c here at the moment (still dropping). Just wasn't expecting that! When I went off to bed last night it was hovering between +5.5 and 6.0c.

Fifth air frost of the season for me - a lot better than last year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Foggy and very frosty too, still -6.9c

• Advertisement

Air min -4.2C (might be -4.3C, will see at 9am)
    Grass min -10.3C

Before this month my lowest on record for Dec was -3.0C in 2000 (since 1999) and grass min was -8.2C in 2003 (since 2002)

Also the air min slots in at joint 7th place and grass min joint 4th in my all time low list.

Casement -5C at 7am.

rc28, that -7C is probably correct

Met eireann forecast min of -1C, not often they get it so wrong.
    What needs to be noted here is that temps a mile up (Temp at 850hPa level) have been above zero throughout this cold spell.
    Usually snow lovers are looking for temps below -10C at this level, because temps at ground are often 10C higher that at 850 level.

Meanwhile, its cloudy here and temp has risen to 3.1C. it was very white earlier, but frost is now thawing quite quickly. I'll get photos of swans in middle of pond. They will try break and get to shore.

Advertisement