Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

rc28 wrote: »
    Foggy and very frosty too, still -6.9c

Wow - thats some low temp!

Gone all cloudy here and up to +0.8c. Low of -4.2c last night.

Some really mad local variations in temp around...

Casement reporting -5 and Valentia reporting +9 !

A

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

dam all ye with yer minus figures. :D , only getting 2.8C here at the moment. Didnt have one minus figure this whole cold snap!:(

-0.4c here frosty and icy.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Low of -6.1C here at 7am, -4.7C here now and I'm just off to slide into work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

0.9c AWS
    -0.0 screened.
    Mothman,what low temp did the AP record.
    Slight frost here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Snowbie wrote: »
    Mothman,what low temp did the AP record.

At least as low as -2.7C,
    Casement -5.2C

Cloudy and feels miserable, and feels much colder than 5.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never got near 0 last night with all the cloud cover. Brightening up degree-by-degree.

Mike.

Mothman wrote: »
    At least as low as -2.7C,
    Casement -5.2C

Cloudy and feels miserable, and feels much colder than 5.1C
    Cheers MM :)

Temp here at 5.2c and is cold with the air still.
    Wind finally dropped off last night and my lowest temps was experienced at the coldest part of the night usually around dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cold in Wicklow this morning with ice forming on ponds.

PS I asked about weather station advice in the other thread as I know some of you guys have links in sigs to weather stations, if anyone could offer advice it would be appreciated, thanks.

Villain wrote: »
    Cold in Wicklow this morning with ice forming on ponds.

PS I asked about weather station advice in the other thread as I know some of you guys have links in sigs to weather stations, if anyone could offer advice it would be appreciated, thanks.
    Have you tried using the search function in this forum.There is plenty of tips and advice throughout.
    It is really what your willing to spend and what is ample enough for you.
    The links in peoples sigs are websites with data uploaded from their stations.Some of us use different equipment.

On topic:still cold but sunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

7.3c here at the moment, light SSE breeze and still a lot of frost about in sheltered places, not a bad day out at all :)

Temp falling here,back down to 4.6c

The sun has broken through.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bitterly cold and frosty outside 1C outside, -7C last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gonzo wrote: »
    bitterly cold and frosty outside 1C outside, -7C last night.

-7c!? Wow, thats pretty low, seems to be great varience with regards temps the past few nights, I dont think I got below zero last night, but still was was a good hard frost this morning.

Currently 6.4c here.

Up to 2.8C here in the last hour but now falling again and back to 2.4C, pond I pass on the way to work still frozen on it's sheltered side.

Very hazy out here, can hardly see the hills two or three miles away.

Cloudy and dull with the mercury stuck around 5c.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What a great winter's day!

Only got above 0.0c at 11.30 this morning - maxed at +3.0c at 1.15 - now +1.9c and falling away quickly. Frost lasted all day in the shade and frost is now forming again on the car.

A few more days like this please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

High today of +4.2, low this morning of -4.2! 3.2c ATM and cloudy.

A

Just gone back below freezing here, -0.9C at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

At 0.0c here now.

Wow, its nothing like that down here and I say that without technical assistance.

Mike.

-1.0c now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Cloudy ATM, but the moon does appear at times, so I think there will be clear spells, which would lead to an air frost.

3.5C after a max of 6.5C

mike65 wrote: »
    Wow, its nothing like that down here and I say that without technical assistance.

Mike.

Probably around +9.0c your way Mike? At least for Dungarvan anyway.

from NRA - http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Its not that mild more like the Wexford number (6.7) clearly the air is coming from the south now and you should be turning on cooling fans by midnight!

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

-2C
    got up to 1C today for about an hour despite sunshine all day, grass has been crystalised white all day long. great day. Coldest day here for a few winters i think. Frost Ice is very thick on the grass and pavements. Today has been more like those classic ice days we used to get in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tis mighty cold here, unsure of exact temperature, but Dublin Airport was @ -1c at 5pm and tis that here, a low misty cold has enveloped the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful sunny day in Dublin where I work but looks like it was mostly cloudy here. Some clear patches around though, looks like the cloud is braking up slowly more than moving anywhere.
    Temp currently 1.8°C, frost never cleared here in the shade and the ground in the sunny spots is still frozen solid, pretty impressive stuff.

Enjoy it while it lasts lads, looks like a period of wind and rain is on the way.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Those of us down here tend to forget it can get quite cold in the mid/east area. Once years back I did a delivery run in January which went up to Offaly and across to Naas before heading back south it was wall to wall fog and absolutely freezing at Dublin/N7 latitudes.

Mike.

Advertisement