Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Skies are clearing and temp down to 3.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Mainly clear skies here, ground temp is -1.5c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Clear here, just going sub zero! :)

I think about -3C by dawn as long as the rate of drop slows dramatically. 4C drop during past hour

now -0.5C, its now 22mins past midnight, and it was 1.2C then

-1.6C
    My record low for Dec is -3.0C
    It wouldn't surprise if record grass min of -8.2C is gone already.
    It all lies in the wind direction. If I get a sniff of an easterly, temp will rise quickly. Currently its SW or calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp was down to -1.1C around midnight but went back up to 0.3C twenty mins later. Falling again now however, down to -0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

3.3c here now with a light S wind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temp. down to -1.3c at 6.15 this morning (my lowest this season) but now 'rocketing' upwards as I type +0.9 now at 6.50.

-3.1C :D
    Got down to -3.5C at 4am, then there was that brief sniff of an easterly and temp rose to -1.7C and is now falling again.

Will check screen and grass min when I'm sure they're above min. My body heat would affect readings if I went out now.

Lowest Dec temp this decade, I started in Nov 99. unless the AWS under recorded, it doesn't make it into my top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

4.3c here at the moment.. it was 3.9 when i woke earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temp. up and down like a yoyo here -1.3c at 6.15 to + 1.7c at 7.45 now to +0.3 at 8.15 now back up to +1.2. Very light breezes obvioulsy swirling the cold air around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Currently -2.5c here. Low of -3.0 overnight. It will be interesting to see how high we get today with all this clear air around and the sun so low in the horizon.

Mothman - Did you not record lower during the snow of Dec 2000 ??

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Mothman - Did you not record lower during the snow of Dec 2000 ??

A
    That was my previous low, -3.0C on 28th. This day also was my all time lowest max of 2.1C.

Offical low last night
    Air -3.3C
    Grass -8.9C, both Dec records.

Lovely morning, sun is up,

Mothman wrote:
    My body heat would affect readings
    lol,well put some damn clothes on John Travolta

Low of 2.5c with an onshore wind all night but temp rose sharply just after 0400 to 6.1c where it has stayed since.

Sun shining but making little difference.
    Still well below -2C

-10C in Scotland

Snowbie wrote: »

Low of 2.5c with an onshore wind all night but temp rose sharply just after 0400 to 6.1c where it has stayed since.

And Dublin AP is 1C at 9am, again another big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Low of -2.3C overnight, was still down at -2.1C leaving the house 20 mins ago, lovely frosty, clear, calm morning.

Yep massive,both screened and AWS had similar temps as i still had a breeze to circulate any warmth out of the AWS chamber.
    Just back from the school run and even the remote spots around here has had no frost and everywhere is dry and not damp.Looks like no frost formed around these parts last night.

Edit:screened has dropped back to 5.6c while AWS is at 6.4c

Edit edit: Going out to Blanchardstown now,so be interesting what temp i hit going up the M50 going by the AP and then out in the whest.

Just looking at my graphs and the wind picked up significantly from a SE direction at 0400 when my temp rocketed up.Blowing onshore at 12-13mph untill 0830 when it has tapered off somewhat.

Dublin AP was down to -2C for periods this morning.

• Advertisement

Temp got above zero after 10am,
    now 6C, so making a very good recovery.

Glorious out, almost forgetting the recent days of muck..

0.0c here now. 11am. Glorious day. My house is on a westerly facing slope so it tends to take a while for the sun to rise and the area to warm up in the winter.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lots of sun and no wind.

Mike.

8C and bumbles bees are busy, sure its not winter at all. :D

todays range is already above 11C

Absolutely 100% clear skies here atm - 6.7c - hope it stays like this for the next couple of days and nights so we get some more real frosts. Kill off the bugs and prepare the ground for snow:rolleyes:

-9.0c atm (11am) at Alatnaharra in Scotland under clear skies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My sisters place has blooming roses!

Mike.

9.2C, I thought I may just get to 10C, but easterly breeze is picking up.

Still may get to 10C, I expect temp to start falling from before 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Currently 7.6c with a light SE wind, grand day out. This morning low of -0.4 at 7.56am.

Temps starting to fall off now. High of +7.9c at 1330 to +7.1c at the mo. Hope the sky stays clear.

• Advertisement

High today of 5.7c. Starting to drop now, 5.4c ATM

A

Advertisement