Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mothman wrote: »
    And Dublin AP is 1C at 9am, again another big difference.
    Purposely, i travelled up the road adjacent to the AP main runway at 10.30 and was 6c according to the car thermo,7c leaving my house and 5c in Blanch.
    This is not taking into account the heat off traffic which has a affect on local temp the accuracy of the car thermo too(but was inline with temp from my AWS at my house) but there was no frost to speak of along side the roads or over the fields etc anywhere which i thought was odd even in the shaded spots away from solar radiation if temp was that low up there.

Not disputing the ideal prime location of the synoptic station located at the AP but it is a vast contrast to temperature nearly to surrounding area(this morning with no frost observed at AP) and especially here of late.

My temp at 1400 was 7.4c and AP reading 7c.
    I will actually be up that way this evening and have a jant around the AP to see the difference with a digital thermo for myself.

Temp now dropping to 7.1c but i have an 5mph east wind blowing in from the sea.
    High of 8.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Temp dropping like a stone here. Already 1.4c at 16:14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

arctictree wrote: »
    Temp dropping like a stone here. Already 1.4c at 16:14

But not dropping here as fast as I expected, though certainly on a quick slide.

5.2C, maxed at 9.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Severe drop off down here (subjectivly).

Mike.

Maxed here at almost 7c.
    We had a good ground frost despite the minimum being above 2c and despite the East breeze staying (albeit light) throughout the night.

Currently 5.7c with a light NE breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

5.2c now.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Not disputing the ideal prime location of the synoptic station located at the AP but it is a vast contrast to temperature nearly to surrounding area(this morning with no frost observed at AP) and especially here of late.

Temp at AP was 5C (4.5-5.4C) at 1030

I'm finding the difference this morning more puzzling than couple night ago, but without knowing the 2 sites, the airport site may be a little protected from SE at ground level preventing the airflow at 10m mixing with air at ground level. But without knowing the 2 sites, its hard to speculate further.

And now temp is falling much faster.
    4.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Max of 9.4C here today after a min of 0.2C this morning with a good hard frost. Temp is dropping away fast now again, has dropped nearly 4C in the last hour down to 3.7C

I feel I won't see as cold tonight.
    Still just above freezing after stalling at 0.7c for 30 mins.

Currently +0.3C
    Dp -1.6C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I feel I won't see as cold tonight.

Yeah - temperature already up and down here. Was + 3.1c half an hour ago now back up to +4.3c as the easterly breeze picks up. I think there will be more of a breeze tonight.

Does not help that cloud is now rolling in from the East! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was some frost around here this morning. Everything was coated white, was amazing :)
    Only got down to -1.9°C here, just up the road the car was showing -4°C, the road just before Roundwood always seems to be particularily frosty for some reason I still am not sure about .

Was already subzero there about an hour ago driving home and looks like going below here in the next hour, currently 0.1°C, should be some interesting overnight lows if it remains clear and still.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

No cloud here, but as soon as i posted an Easterly breeze came up and the temp rose again just as quick as it had fallen. Now back up to 7.1C

trogdor wrote: »
    No cloud here, but as soon as i posted an Easterly breeze came up and the temp rose again just as quick as it had fallen. Now back up to 7.1C

Yep, I see Mothman and Arctictree's temps have shot up too.
    Inland should be best tonight - Croppyboy may have some nice lows.

Wind hasn't reached here yet, currently -0.1°C, probably shortlived if the wind's getting up.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Dropping here slowly
    2.8c
    no wind or 1mph NE

Temp at AP was 5C (4.5-5.4C) at 1030

I'm finding the difference this morning more puzzling than couple night ago, but without knowing the 2 sites, the airport site may be a little protected from SE at ground level preventing the airflow at 10m mixing with air at ground level. But without knowing the 2 sites, its hard to speculate further.

And now temp is falling much faster.
    4.2C
    It does sound like a hollow but unsure myself with the cold air sinking in somewhat.

Temp stuck at 6.4c for the last couple of hours with the wind gusting over 11mph at times from the east.

Some cloud apearing now and a slight breeze , temp rising, up to 0.4°C from -0.3°C earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just back now after a trip into Sandyford. Looks like I went below 0 just after 5pm but since then the wind has picked up from the NE and am back up to 3.4c.

I have to be up at 4am in the morning so it will be interesting to see the temps then. Its all about if the cloud clears and the wind drops. Tomorrow night I'm staying in Frankfurt, I'll take one of my thermos with me to get an idea of the continental temps at the moment.

A

Ditto except no cloud.
    4.4c
    NE @ 5mph

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can't see anyboby getting a frost within 20 miles or so of the east coast unless that wind drops off - it's gusting gale force (easterly) at the mo. at the M2 bouy!

Dipped just below freezing, now back up to 6.3C under broken cloud.

• Advertisement

1.2c here now, clear night out and no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

2.3 c and falling here, on this cold, bitter and clear evening

Just broke the 1c, now down to 0.8c, I hear Jack Frost coming :p

The min at Dublin AP this morn was -2.2C.

Meanwhile, temp stuck at 6.3C in a NE breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It was -6c today at 8am in Glasgow and the high during the day was -1c. Lovely all day frost outside, currently -3.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

There's a strong-ish breeze here and the temp has actually increased to 4.5c

The min at Dublin AP this morn was -2.2C.

Meanwhile, temp stuck at 6.3C in a NE breeze.
    Didnt bother going on my jant around the AP as its recording similar temps to me at 6c.I'll leave it to a calmer night with no wind before venturing.I think were all feeling the onshore breeze tonight here in the east just like it picked up for me at 0400 when my temps where still dipping and climbed significantly in a short space of time.

Currently fluctuating between 6.1c and 6.5c and overcast. Wind now gusting up to 20mph with a decent wind chill factor.

Temp back up to 1.9c now!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp stuck around 3.7C most of the night before dropping sharply to 0.8C around 8:30am.

Now up to 4.8C in a very light easterly breeze, pressure 1030 hPa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Didnt get below 2.0C last night, hopefully looking at sub zero tonight!
    currently 5.3C here

Advertisement