Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A great month of biking

• 01-12-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

So there is was, about 3 weeks ago, minding my own business, overtaking a car on one of Milton Keynes' lovely dual carriageways, when the engine on my bike blew. This is slightly irritating as I have made a few posts defending the old GS as, though it was not old, it had done a few miles and I never had a single issue. So called BMW assist and got everything sorted.

Got a hire car delivered to work so I could drive to the garage and pick up a loan bike. Got my hands on a K1200GT. I would not buy one, but it was a lot of fun. After a couple of days with that I noticed the tyre was a bit bald so I got the garage to come and collect it and bring me a new bike. So now I had a R1200RT, the tourer thingie with the boxer engine. Not a bad bike. Again I would not have one, but fine as a loaner. Well, some cnut nicked it last night. Not amused. I have to pay £250 excess and all my daughters bike gear was in the panniers, so that is gone too.

Not impressed.

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

jeez thats bad luck. Bad things happen in three. Does ur house ins cover ur daughters stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

yayamark wrote: »
    jeez thats bad luck. Bad things happen in three. Does ur house ins cover ur daughters stuff?
    Good question actually. I will have to check. I was thinking of claiming off the dealer insurance, though I would just get the difference between the replacement value and the excess I expect.

MrP

Advertisement