Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else counting down the days til they leave this sh*thole?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

I'm doing my Masters there at the mo, I did my degree in an IT and I absolutely hate hate hate UCD!!!

I really have made the biggest mistake going there. I love my chosen field but the course is run so badly! There are no resources; the library is crap; the food out there is awful.

IMO UCD is completely overrated and nothing more than a brand name with nothing to show for it! I have been to other colleges and I have received a far better education than the one that I am supposedly getting there now.

Also there is no support for mature students working full time. Case in point was trying to hand up an assignment. Told work I would be a bit late but definitely in by 10. I called the programme office and asked for the opening times. I explained that I would be there about 9.15 (they opened at 9.30) and could I hand in my assignment early as I needed to get to work. No problem I was told they would make an exception for me. So I arrive there the next morning only to be told that no they would not let me hand it in, they opened at 9.30 and I would have to leave and come back later. Would even let me explain that I too had to be in work. 9.40 she finally let me hand it up! I was so late for work it wasn't funny.

It pisses me off no end that all my assignments will have to be handed into this office. I work from 9-5 but their office hours are 9.30 - 1 and 2 - 4.30! So now I will have to take half days from work to hand up f*cking assignments!! What is the big deal about opening at lunch time? Every office I've worked in does!

Unbelieveable! I hate UCD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Electric wrote: »
    I'm doing my Masters there at the mo, I did my degree in an IT and I absolutely hate hate hate UCD!!!

I really have made the biggest mistake going there. I love my chosen field but the course is run so badly! There are no resources; the library is crap; the food out there is awful.

IMO UCD is completely overrated and nothing more than a brand name with nothing to show for it! I have been to other colleges and I have received a far better education than the one that I am supposedly getting there now.

Also there is no support for mature students working full time. Case in point was trying to hand up an assignment. Told work I would be a bit late but definitely in by 10. I called the programme office and asked for the opening times. I explained that I would be there about 9.15 (they opened at 9.30) and could I hand in my assignment early as I needed to get to work. No problem I was told they would make an exception for me. So I arrive there the next morning only to be told that no they would not let me hand it in, they opened at 9.30 and I would have to leave and come back later. Would even let me explain that I too had to be in work. 9.40 she finally let me hand it up! I was so late for work it wasn't funny.

It pisses me off no end that all my assignments will have to be handed into this office. I work from 9-5 but their office hours are 9.30 - 1 and 2 - 4.30! So now I will have to take half days from work to hand up f*cking assignments!! What is the big deal about opening at lunch time? Every office I've worked in does!

Unbelieveable! I hate UCD!

They should have picked you to be on those myucd ads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

You should be allowed to email it in! That's crazy.

lizzyvera wrote: »
    You should be allowed to email it in! That's crazy.

I know! I can only assume that the college doesn't want to have to pay for the printing of assignments :confused:

panda100 wrote: »

Ha ha! Yeah I can just see me now on the UCD homepage....kicking in the programme office door :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah I'm also looking forward to leaving... Found out that my course is actually 3 yrs instead of 4 (as I thought it was), so that's good news :) Half way through my degree!

It would go alot smoother if I just applied myself to the work REGULARLY rather than leave it all to the last minute. Next semester... I promise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

panda100 wrote: »
    "UCD! It's sh*te!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭caridee2

DaveMcG wrote: »
    "UCD! It's sh*te!"

:D haha, now there's a slogan they should consider using! at least it's true!

Ha ha! Yeah I can just see me now on the UCD homepage....kicking in the programme office door :D

I am feeling your pain on this one. Had to hand in three projects last month to an office out in UCD. the office was only opened at these really akward times and I was stuck in the mater every day from 9 to 5.We were told specifically not to push it under the door after hours or the cleaners would take it away.Why would the cleaners want to read my three ****ty projects! They left us with little option though so I stuck all three of mine under the door after hours.
    I for one am really really looking forward to finishing UCD but thats not a reflection oo UCD. I enjoyed my time in UCD but now im just bored of it and feel far too old amongst all these hip young ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I quite like this ****hole :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Yeah me too.
    I've even resorted to sending in couriers with assignments on some occasions.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Yeah me too.
    I've even resorted to sending in couriers with assignments on some occasions.

Has that worked?

I'd be worried that my assignment would "disappear" from the office. Plus I had to sign the class list. So if I sent it in by courier and didn't sign the list then they could say it was never handed in.

Why oh why won't they let me email it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Don't have one either. That makes 2 of us. In total. Out of how many?

Ewww hate to be like you two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Ewww hate to be like you two

Yes, what vile repulsive things we are not having a bebo, which is the pinnacle of civilisation. Shame on us. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think it's catching, I don't have one either! Get it off, get it off!!!!!!!11!!11!!oneonecos0!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't have a Bebo either, if I did I'd probably be on it at half 1 the night before an exam, wasting time when I should be studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

All the insects are crawling out from under the rock now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

witout da bebo noo loLz 4 U alzo u kan spel bettr babz thanx biy xXx Omg LOL!

Dear baby jesus I hope you're taking the piss

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't have a Bebo either, if I did I'd probably be on it at half 1 the night before an exam, wasting time when I should be studying!
    Yeah why use bebo when boards is just as good for study distraction :D

Bebo is sad,but I have an account cos I am a sad person!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have a bebo - rarely used, was handy when abroad to keep in touch, put up pics, other than that I rarely use it, I agree with Panda, boards is far worse....

Boards eated my life... =(

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Raphael wrote: »
    Boards eated my life... =(

im seriously getting addicted its not good

OT-no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

UCD is not perfect. Nor is it rubbish.

Case closed.

Advertisement