Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Graham's phone in on George Hook.

• 01-12-2007 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭

What a ****in spanner.

Did anyone else listen to that Fox 'News' propagandist on newstalk today? If that is the standard of U.S. 'talk' radio then no wonder the country is in such a state. He rushed through every single call as though there was a fire in the building. Concision was the word of the day (as an excuse to cut off callers before they had a chance to express themselves) Each caller got to half make one point followed by a monologue by the yankee propagandist when he blatantly cut off objections by his caller on the basis that he 'wanted to include everybody'

It was a pure joke. He was an arrogant prick who made sure that he always got the first and last word and tried to force complicated political arguments into rushed 20 second opening statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He's been on the show for years, he's a well known broadcaster in the states, got sacked from an ABC statioin for some remarks he made. You'll find out all about him on Wiki.

I don't mind him, his views generally differ quite a bit from the Irish point of view on issues, but thats why he's on the show, to stir things up and cause controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I presume he would be similar to Cal Thomas who does be on The Last Word he is pro bush pro republican and is friends with Bill O'Reilly, i enjoy it tho i like to hear both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I like his firebrand attitude to things & he seems to get on well with george.
    He can be so way off sometimes that he's laughable.

Besides, counterpoints to the usual wuss liberal crap spouted by newstalk does no harm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

my only beef with this hack graham is that i have never once heard george hook call him on his bull plop , never once , michael graham is like watching fox news on the radio , hes entertaining in parts but you know its not real ,the difference being fox news audience doesnt smell whats been shovelled to them , surely george hook knows that 99% of the listnership to newstalk know that mikey graham is a hack , its not as if hooky is unable to argue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

For the same reason Vincent B never takes on that waffler Mary O'Rourke,or Mr. Waffler supreme Michael D Higgins.

reason of course is that its not a genuine debate but a show for the public,WWF in authentic and genuine faced with this.

its just a platform for these wafflers to expound their vacuous theories on the problems in Southern Chile or suchlike and build up a profile to pile up another junket or two to some far flung corner or the universe, at anybodies expense but their own.

To listen to Mary nobody would think HER party have been in charge for the last 10 years. Just can't believe nobody has called her out over issssues as she says herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭donaghs

While I don't agree with most of his views, I always found it interesting to hear his views on current affairs when he was chatting with George Hooke. Helps understand trends in parts of America.

However, the new phone-in is crap. Its either some guy saying he can't stand M. Graham and his views, or another odd person saying they think he's great. I usually favour Newstalk over the other drive-time talk shows, but had to switch over as it was so uninteresting, and basically crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

George doesn't try and argue with anyone anymore. He's too soft and I don't really listen to him now that he's too fawning to ask difficult questions.

Yer man Graham is entertaining in kind of Alf Garnett way.

Advertisement