Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware when buying new Opel Astra Hatch

Options
  • 01-12-2007 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Folks

Not naming any specific garage but I live on the Northside and am really interested in buying a brand new opel astra hatch. Took a test drive with the saleman in the garage and was pleasantly surprised with the car EXCEPT it didnt have a cup holder only 1 in the door of the glove compartment. I noted that to the salesman and he agreed that it was a bit of a downside alright but the car didnt come with a cup holder nearer the driver.

I went down the country and took another test drive in the same car only to discover a lovely cup holder in the centre between the 2 front seats and a socket to plug your mp3 player into via a headphone jack. Upon asking the salesman, he confirmed that the Dublin garage was trying to sell me the old model of the Astra and register it as a 08....how bad is that ? Needless to say I did the deal with the salesman down the country.

Just an fyi......:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I don't like any car unless it has 16 cup holders,

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Cabaal wrote: »
    Personally I don't like any car unless it has 16 cup holders,
    :D

or a flower holder like the vw beetle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Common enough practice TBH

Advertisement